It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User
Question Can anyone help?

I am at my wist end here. Since i was about 3 months pregnant i have not been able to sleep. My DD will be 2 in sept. I had problems like this before i got pregnant. It was only every once in awhile. Like i would be fine for a few months and then for 1 week i wouldn't be able to sleep. I would either have troubles falling asleep or staying asleep. Now its all the time. I just can't get a good nights sleep. I am always yawning and feeling tired. I am really frustrated with feeling this way. I don't want to do anything but lay on the couch. I have to force myself to get up and get things done. I feel like a horrible mom. My DD wants to play and go outside for walks and i just don't have the energy for any of that. I have talked to my gp and my gyneo about this and both seem like they really don't want to help me. My gp suggested i cut out the caffiene, so i did. Well it's seemed to help a little, but not taken care of the problem. Plus she gave me lunesta to help which didn't. So a few weeks ago i talked to my gyneo thinking she would have an answer since it's been happening really bad since i was 3 months pg. A few weeks before i went to her i started getting all these burise that i couldn't explain. Horrible burises. I looked like i had been beat. So when i talked to her she did blood test to check my iron levels and my thyroid. They came back normal. She said she thinks my routine is just off. She gave me a few ambien to help me sleep. Anyways only enought to last me a week or two. Both Dr seem like they don't believe me or something. I just want to get some good sleep so i can not feel so tired all the time. Anyone have any ideas. I don't know what to do and its really getting frustrating. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2006, 07:10 AM   #2
(female)

antiparasites HB User
Re: Can anyone help?

HI! I am a newbie here. Your story sounds a lot like mine! About 2 years ago, I became tired, tired ALL the time. I didn't sleep well at all either. I went to countless doctors and had MANY, MANY tests and they could not diagnose me, although they said it was postpartum depression, chronic fatigue, etc! I do not drink or dope, I'm not overweight and I've always been reasonably healthy. My husband's 96 year old grandmother lives in a nudist colony in Texas (scary thought ain't it?). When we visited her about a year ago, she said I just needed an good old fashioned "worming". She worms herself twice a year every year, but then again she walks around nude all day too! Ithought she was NUTS, but I went home and did a ton of research about parasite infections and how they affect us. I was SO DESPERATE at that point that I would have just about done anything to feel better! I got a 30 day herbal parasite remover about 6 months ago and believe it or not, I am back at super health! I'm not saying you should do this or anything, I am just sharing what worked for me. I know worming for people sounds CRAZY, but it did the trick for me. I hope you get better!

Old 05-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

Ok this is probably a stupid question. Worming i have never heard of that. What exactually does this mean? How long did it take you to feel better? I am to the point where i would do anything. I just want to feel better and get some sleep. I am so frusrated about this.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
(female)

peacegirl1 HB User

It sounds like your circadian rhythm is out of sync (sometimes caused by stress or hormonal imbalance) which could be a sign of high evening cortisol. This can keep you awake for sure. The other clue is that you are bruising which could be another sign of too much cortisol circulating in your bloodstream. You could get a saliva test which is a very good indicator of what's going on. It's interesting that the doctors checked your thyroid but not your adrenals. We have to do our own research most of the time. I had insomnia for a year and it was very difficult being exhausted all the time. Good luck to you; I'm sure you will find answers.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

Thanks for the information. I was wondering is the only way they test for this is with saliva. I had a blood test done a couple of months ago. I don't know that she only tested for iron and thyroid. She may have. Those where things i brought up to her. I use to be anemic after i had my little girl. At one point from my weight gain she thought i might have a thyroid problem. I don't really know if she tested for anything else or not. Those test came back normal. I am getting really frustrated with the whole mess and just want to get back to normal.

Closed Thread