It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

JenniferS HB User
Smile New here

Hi, just diagnosed (this morning, in fact) I really don't know what to expect. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if this is autoimmune related or sleep disorder related? I just don't really have any info right now. My doctor called and gave me lab results but can't see me till next week as he has had a death in his family. I'd really like all the info I can get. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
Re: New here

Hi jennifer welcome to the boards, i myself was dx with cfs several years ago but manage pretty well so i dont visit this particular cfs section that often, just noticed your post.cfs if thats what your referring to really has no cause, what i mean there is no bw or test that can be done to dxsomeone with cfs, its given when all else has been ruled out "sleep disorders" depression or other mental disorders ect..and all physical causes cancer,lupus,thyroid disorders just to name a few of hundreds.at one time mono was expected to be the major cause but the cdc has ruled that out as a likley cause,usually a person is dx with it when fatigue persist for 6 months and all other treatment fails such as sleep improvement,diet,exercise ect...as you know there is no cure for cfs although there is treatment, learning to live with it is the key, eating right, moderate exercise, proper rest.

Last edited by hyper79; 06-02-2006 at 05:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
(female)

JenniferS HB User

I'm confused. He did bloodwork because he suspected CFS. then he told me the bloodwork was positive. This is very frustrating. Should I press for a different answer? Or is he maybe saying that bloodwork shows signs of CFS. are there markers? I understand fully about diagnosis of exclusion as my son has systemic JRA and this was the case with his diagnosis. I would appreciate any imput that anyone can give. I won't see the doctor till Monday at the earliest. And I am the type that needs answers now.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

hi do a seach in one of your search engines and look up diagnosis for cfs, or look up centers for disease control. many answers you may have will be there.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #5
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Jennifer,

Is your doctor Dr. E in NYC? If so, I can give you more information on procedure, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferS
I'm confused. He did bloodwork because he suspected CFS. then he told me the bloodwork was positive. This is very frustrating. Should I press for a different answer? Or is he maybe saying that bloodwork shows signs of CFS. are there markers? I understand fully about diagnosis of exclusion as my son has systemic JRA and this was the case with his diagnosis. I would appreciate any imput that anyone can give. I won't see the doctor till Monday at the earliest. And I am the type that needs answers now.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:34 AM   #6
(female)

JenniferS HB User

No, he's in NJ. I have an appointment to speak with him on Thurs. I guess we'll get to the bottom of it then. Thanks

Closed Thread