It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
(male)

popsandfriends HB User
Is this Chronic Fatigue?

Hello,
Im 17 and for the past 4 months I have been experiencing bouts of sleepiness that make my mind sortof shut down, and my mind-body feel out of sync and sluggish. I could just close my eyes and nod off but its uncomfortable. I get these during the morning hours around 9:30-10:00, during the afternoon around 1:00, and later at night around 6:00. It's starting to just feel not normal. Last night i had sleep starts, or brain jolts. A painless sensation where my brain sends a jolt to my body and i awake but i dont twitch (sometimes i do but last night it was just that sensation in my head). I had to wake totally upand then go back to bed for me to sleep right. I need this cured soon, or at least taken care of, because in a week im starting a high-calorie diet to increase my body weight from 125 to 140 over the summer.

Help! Thanks!

PS: I also suffer acid reflux at night too, and tonight, i seem to not breathe as i try to fall asleep and then wake back up. Very exhausting.

Last edited by popsandfriends; 06-08-2006 at 10:59 PM.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:18 PM   #2
(male)

popsandfriends HB User
Re: Is this Chronic Fatigue?

Update, third night in a row having weird bouts of not being able to breathe....Im about to fall asleep and i realize im not breathing so i arouse, but im so tired i fall asleep again and it hapens again. Its like im fogetting to breathe. I try mind over matter but im so tired. Is ther a cure for this!! Its happening right now, im gonna try sleeping again in a half hour.

EDIT: Made New post, as this is new information and occurances.

Last edited by popsandfriends; 06-11-2006 at 05:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
(female)

MEmanuel HB User
Re: Is this Chronic Fatigue?

I would most definitley go to a doctor that is knowledgeble about Chronic Fatigue. Back when I was 13, I think is when I showed the first symptoms, and it sounded a lot like yours. The fatigue at certain times of the day. I would have to push myself, just to get through the day. I was having brain fog, concentration problems. My sleep at night was unaffected though, I would crash into a wonderful sleep, a wonderful wonderful sleep, boy do I long for those days. From what Ive read it is better to get diagnosed early in the syndrome, you have a better chance of getting back to normal or at least almost. I know for certain I have had chronice fatigue fibromyalgia for 13 years, but I wonder if it didnt start earlier. It cant hurt to get it checked out, and I hope if your still at home, your talking to your parents about your symptoms, they can be a real help, in seeing symptoms or changes your not noticing. Hope you feel better soon. ME

Closed Thread