It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

misscurvey HB User
Unhappy Hi, I think I have CFS, if not, then I am crazy

Hi,

For the past year I keep getting sore throats, just about every month. I keep waking up with a sore throat, it will go away after 2 days, I have all these weird symptoms. My legs feel so heavy and tingly, I keep getting headaches, very fatigued. My mind is not where it should be, and I will be sitting at my desk and I will start dozing off. I can't get a good nights sleep and when I do, I still feel like I didn't get any sleep the night before, my heart is doing all these fluttery feelings.

When I did my laundry last night, I folded 2 things and then I was whipped, it felt like it took all of the energy out of me. I keep dragging my feet, I feel like I can't get them off the ground. When I walk upstairs at home, I feel like I walked up 100 stairs, I only walk up 9 stairs. I exercise during the day for my half hour, (circuit training). About 1/2 way through, I feel like I can't do anymore.

Everynight I take vitamins, multi, Vitamin C, B6, magnesium, potassium gluconate, flaxseed oil, and sometimes I will take cayenne pepper.

My sore throat started this morning, I have a headache coming on and I feel like doing nothing, when I know I should be doing something. It takes me forever to get one thing accomplished, sometimes I can't even finish my tasks because I am so tired, I have to wait until the next day.

This goes in spurts, I will feel like this for about a week every month and a half.

What should I do? I want this to go away, is there anything else I can take or what, I am at my wits end with all of this, arrrggghhh

Thanks
Misscurvey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
(male)

JIM DRIVINSUN HB User
Talking Re: Hi, I think I have CFS, if not, then I am crazy

HI MISSCURVEY, NO YOU ARE NOT NUTS AND DON'T LET THE UNTRAINED DR.s TRY TO GIVE YOU ANY OF THE COMMON "WE DONT KNOW WHAT YA GOT DRUGS" ANTI -DEPRESSANTS OF ANTI- ANXIETY MEDS.
I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH LYME AND EPSTEIN BARR SYMPTOMS FOR OVER TWO YEARS. I HAVE HAD OVER 30 RELAPS .I HAVE ALL THE SYMPTOMS YOU HAVE AND DIZZINESS AND DISORIENTAION. IT'S GETTING BETTER BUT
THE PROGRESS IS SO SLOW. FLOURESENT LIGHT ALSO MAKE ME DIZZY.
HOW ABOUT YOU? START BANGIN' ON DOORS TO FIND A DR. THAT IS WILLING TO WORK WITH YOU. I HAD ONE DR. SAY "WE ARE NOT GOING ON A ZEBRA HUNT". I FELT LIKE CLOCKIN' HER. GET CHECKED FOR LYME DISEASE .
EVEN IF IT COMES UP NEGATIVE , LOOK WHERE THE LEVELS ARE.
I HAVE SHOWN POSITIVE FOR EPSTEIN BARR AND LYME.
BUT SOME OF THE LYME TESTS WERE NEGATIVE OR EQUIVICAL AT TIMES.
A NEGATIVE RESULT ON PAPER DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE LYME DISEASE. WHAT EVER WE GOT IT'S POPPING UP MORE AND MORE.
YOU HAVE TO EAT RIGHT. FOR ME ,PROTEIN FROM MEAT , FISH ,PEANUT BUTTER SEEMED TO HELP AS DID VEGETABLES. YOU CAN TRY ST. JOHNS WART AND SKULL CAP HERBS. IT MIGHT HELP YOU. KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON.
PEACE . JIM DRIVINSUN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscurvey
Hi,

For the past year I keep getting sore throats, just about every month. I keep waking up with a sore throat, it will go away after 2 days, I have all these weird symptoms. My legs feel so heavy and tingly, I keep getting headaches, very fatigued. My mind is not where it should be, and I will be sitting at my desk and I will start dozing off. I can't get a good nights sleep and when I do, I still feel like I didn't get any sleep the night before, my heart is doing all these fluttery feelings.

When I did my laundry last night, I folded 2 things and then I was whipped, it felt like it took all of the energy out of me. I keep dragging my feet, I feel like I can't get them off the ground. When I walk upstairs at home, I feel like I walked up 100 stairs, I only walk up 9 stairs. I exercise during the day for my half hour, (circuit training). About 1/2 way through, I feel like I can't do anymore.

Everynight I take vitamins, multi, Vitamin C, B6, magnesium, potassium gluconate, flaxseed oil, and sometimes I will take cayenne pepper.

My sore throat started this morning, I have a headache coming on and I feel like doing nothing, when I know I should be doing something. It takes me forever to get one thing accomplished, sometimes I can't even finish my tasks because I am so tired, I have to wait until the next day.

This goes in spurts, I will feel like this for about a week every month and a half.

What should I do? I want this to go away, is there anything else I can take or what, I am at my wits end with all of this, arrrggghhh

Thanks
Misscurvey

Old 07-12-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
(male)

rockfordx2 HB User
Re: Hi, I think I have CFS, if not, then I am crazy

I think the reason your legs feel tingly and heavy is that you have a reduced ability to sweat. CFS is a skin disease in my opinion. The skin looks normal, but the deepest layers are damaged, most often by overexposure to heat. Avoid all forms of heat and the heat of the sun. Spray your skin with a cool mist when exercising and see if your fatigue improves. Don't take cayenne pepper or anything that will male you feel hot. Don't put any lotions on your skin for a while. There is a medical term for it called erythema ab igne and you may have it in the early stages. You won't see a skin rash, but just feel fatigued.

A Study at the University of Alberta show that people with CFS have higher skin teperatures and lower rates of electrical conductivy in the skin. They are possibilities of using this test as a benchmark in the future for insurance claims.

Last edited by rockfordx2; 07-14-2006 at 02:22 PM.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #4
(male)

steerpike HB User

I've heard that CFS can involve neurological symptoms.... tingling/weak legs would fit into that category. Do you mean pins and needles?

I've had a sore throat for the longest time, along with numbness/tingling/weakness/extreme fatigue/disorientation. I'm hoping it's not a prelude to MS or something. Interestingly, CFS is usually described as a post-viral/bacterial syndrome... which probably involves some sort of autoimmune, inflammatory reaction. Maybe some kind of mild CNS vasculitis (inflammation of tiny blood vessels in the brain). Maybe anti-inflammatories could help?

Do you get better with antibiotics? As it could be Lyme, or some other endemic infection. Chlamydia/mycoplamsa have also been proposed as a triggering mechanism. It could also be viral. I imagine CFS has a number of different casuative microbes. It's become kind of an umbrella term for anything less than MS that involves a sore throat.

Also.... any other CFS people with neurological symptoms? I'm seeing a neurologist next week... and I'm getting pretty worried I've developed an MS-like illness from my previous/ongoing infection.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #5
(male)

steerpike HB User

Not to be a jerk, but CFS really isn't a skin disease! A thousand articles say otherwise!

Natural, easy to find anti-inflammatories include omega 3 fish oils, green tea, and ginger.

If there is true neurological involvement, as there usually is in CFS/Fibro, methylcobalamin-- not cyanocobalamin-- the more readily absorbable version of vitamin B12 could help a little. Many MS patients and other people with neurological problems swear by it. You can readily pick it up at a vitamin store.

CFS has been implicated with an overactive, inefficient immune system.... i.e. autoimmunity, like Lupus or MS. Doctors tend to treat these syndromes with steroids to suppress the immune-mediated inflammation.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
(male)

steerpike HB User

Of course, CFS may be the result of a chronic infection. Anti-inflammatories may weaken the immune system further, leading to increased symptoms. Play it by ear.

Interestingly, many people have gotten better on long courses of intense antibiotics/ or anti-herpes virus treatment. The studies abound.

It could all just be Lyme disease. Who knows?

Old 07-13-2006, 04:48 AM   #7
Inactive

peregrine HB User

I have had CFS/Lyme for 14 years. In all my research I have never heard it being called a skin disease. I think this not only a gross oversimplification but also grossly incorrect.

One thing you could try, though, is glutathione supplementation as most people with this illness are deficient. Renewpro is a good product (a powder mixed in H2O). Most people find they have to address each symptom as it occurs as there is no one thing that will reverse the illness. Also, become aware of the things that lead to "flares" (an exacerbation of symptoms) so that you can avoid bringing them on. Some common activators are alcohol, too much exercise, mold, wheat, etc.

All the best

Last edited by peregrine; 07-13-2006 at 04:49 AM.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:28 PM   #8
(female)

daisy01 HB User

I usually post on the thyroid board but here to check out some stuff for my mate who has CFS, your symptoms seem very similar to a thyroid disorder, so was wondering if you have had a thyroid function test done?

please accept my apologies if you already have done so but if not you need to ask for a TSH, free T3 and free T4 plus the antibody levels.

wishing you all the best xxx
daisy

Old 07-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Kali M HB User

Miss Curvy,

I agree with the last three posters on their comments. CFIDS and hypothyroidism often occur together (for the reasons Steerpike mentioned). I was diagnosed with both Hashimoto's hypothyroidism and CFIDS last Fall (after 6-7 years of symptoms). The only time my pins-and-needles sensations went away (I have them mostly in the hands/arms) was during the first few months of treatment with Synthroid. After my body adjusted to the new thyroid source, the sensations returned. I'm very tempted to believe they are related to the lack of cell energy and the affect of hypothyroidism (or CFIDS) on the cell mitochondria.

But I absolutely agree with Daisy. GET that THYROID checked (and peek at my posts from just a few minutes ago to Levente). Then look on the thyroid board. They have excellent "posters" there.

KM

Old 09-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #10
(female)

melnoble HB User

by the sound of your symptoms...
it sounds like you have HYPERTHYROID.

Closed Thread