It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2006, 08:16 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

levente HB User
eyes

hello, i have just recently been diagnosed, hhmmm........diagnosed is the wrong word but shall i say told that my problems r all due to cfs. i've been sick off and on for the last few years. anyway i just wanted to know if anyone else has had flashing in the corners of the eyes with cfs. is this unique to me. if so should i start looking for something else that might be wrong.

worried about eyes.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by levente
hello, i have just recently been diagnosed, hhmmm........diagnosed is the wrong word but shall i say told that my problems r all due to cfs. i've been sick off and on for the last few years. anyway i just wanted to know if anyone else has had flashing in the corners of the eyes with cfs. is this unique to me. if so should i start looking for something else that might be wrong.

worried about eyes.
That is a very common symptom with CFS. At times I have it stronger than others or not at all but most often when I am in a "flare."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2006, 08:13 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

levente HB User

thank u peregine for u response. i'm having a hard time accepting this diagnosis for several reasons. but it's good to get some information from someone who has experienced the same thing that i have. i'm living in south korea right which is a double edged sword for me and this illness. 1. i'm all alone with this thing. that's been the hardest part. but 2. i found one of the only doctors in all of east asia that specializes in this illnes. very lucky on my part. he's studied with all the leading doctors in america. i would say that i'm very lucky in that aspect. the more i find out the more i will post on this website.

Old 07-15-2006, 03:06 AM   #4
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Take care, Levente. I know how difficult this illness is and to be all alone in another country must be even more so. Thankfully, you have a good doctor.

All the best!

Old 07-24-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Kali M HB User

Levente,

I too have had this, as well as temporary loss of vision in the corners of my eyes, EXTREME sensativity to bright lights - especially at night when driving - the feeling of pressure behind the eyes, having burning sensation in my eyes, and having "tired" eyes.

You are VERY lucky to have found your doc! Are you originally from that area or are you a "transplant" to that area?

My diagnosis took 7 years (from when the very first symptoms started). But, I also have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism (though it often goes hand-in-hand with CFIDS). Treating the hypothyroidism improved some of my symptoms considerably. BE SURE you have your thyroid tested - and be SURE the results (for the TSH) are within the range of 0.3 to 3.0; in fact, even numbers above 1.5 are suspect. The thyroid board has LOTS of information if you need it.

KM

Old 08-05-2006, 07:46 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

levente HB User

Hey thanks Kali M for your response. Yeah I did have my thyroid checked and it's at (tsh) 1.18. I am a transplant. I came here originally to go to school. After I finished I got a job here. I guess this is where I'm suppose to be. I doubt I would have figured all this out in the states.

levente

Closed Thread