It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2006, 03:53 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Ronnie99 HB User
What to Ask the Doctor?

I have an appointment coming up with my new doctor and I want to make sure I get the most out of the visit so I figured I'd ask people here what I should ask him. My situation is an odd one. I have had swollen lymph nodes for about 6 months. I was diagnosed with a case of active EBV infection at the early stages of this illness about 5 months ago. A few of my other symptoms these last 6 months that have continued throughout have been as follows:

1) Swollen neck (to the point people sub-conciously rub their own neck with their hands when talking to me if they have not seen me for a while)
2) Swollen lymph nodes also under the arm and to a lesser extent in the groin
3) Red/darkened face - This one is a mystery. It started early on in this illness but I have no clue what it is. It is not a rash, but more like just a darkened facial tone. I suspect my high blood pressure medicine which I was put on early in this illness (ACE inhibitor lisinopril). Note long time friends have commented on this one too without prompting, so it is not an imagined symptom.
4) Feeling of fever in the neck, ears and head - This started early on although I've almost never had an actual fever as per the thermometer in the 6 months. I'm guessing this is related to EBV, but I don't know. I think this symptom is called "flush".
5) Some skin issues although not serious ones. I've always had mild acne in the hair follicles such as on my forearm, but very mild. Since this started I get more aggressive acne (at least I think it is acne) that is redder than in the past and painful if it is broken or popped. This was never the case before.

I have been tested for all STDS which came back negative but not tested for anything like thyroid issues or cancer or anything else. As noted, I do have high blood pressure which I started treatment for right after this feverishness began. I almost think that the medication for that has at least played a role in some of this so I might ask to be swithed off of it. I know that some people who take it get a swollen red face due to an allergic reaction. I also had hives early on after starting it. I was so fixated on the swollen glands and feverishness that I attributed everything to the EBV and never pursued the medication issues.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. If anyone has any advice of what I should ask my doctor (possibe tests, things I should be tested for, etc.) I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by Ronnie99; 07-28-2006 at 03:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread