It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
(female)

sleepypenguin HB User
Sleeping Problem - Please help ):

Hi I'm 17 years old and I think I might have a sleeping problem.. I've looked on the internet and have been to the doctor to have 2 blood tests done.
Here are the symptoms/problems:
Undisturbed I can easily sleep 12+ hours.
I'm extremely tired after eating, to the point where I can't even funtion/fight it.
I get easily annoyed.
If someone tries to wake me up (even after sleeping 8+ hours) I get very angry at them.
My mom says I kick in my sleep.
I get easily brusied (I find bruises on my body for no apparent reason)
I get dizzy spells. They only last about a minute but when they do occur I feel like I'm going to collapse and my heart rate increases. (I never have fainted/fallen, but I feel as if I am)
I have a ton of trouble going to sleep because I can't stop thinking about things.
If I'm not doing something physical (ie. reading, computer, tv, studying) I can barely keep my eyes open. This is a big problem with the studying & reading part because I need to for school.

Other stuff:
I have normal blood pressure.
I eat healthy (vegetarian/organic foods)
I've recently lost almost 50 pounds (with another 15ish to go).
I get about 7 hours of sleep a night.
I never feel stressed out or anything.
I drink no soda/coffee (only water)

As a note all my problems (except for the bruising & dizziness) have been occurring for a while now...
People (my family) say its because I'm a vegetarian but like I said I already had most of these problems before, and I try to have a balanced diet, I just don't eat lettuce or something..

This is becoming more and more of a problem lately. I would like to get through doing work easier but after about 20 minutes I'm just too tired to concentrate. Just the feeling of being tired all the time is annoying.

Sorry about the very long post and thank you to anyone who can possibly help/has suggestions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
(female)

tootsiepopbreeb HB User
Re: Sleeping Problem - Please help ):

Hi there,

While reading your list I can relate to almost every symptom you described. I started to feel sick when I was about 14... very tired.... slept all the time. Finally, when I was 16 they tested me for Epstein-Barr Virus and that came back positve. Have you been tested for EBV yet? If not, I would highly recommend it. I am now 23 and still have episodes of fatigue, anxiety, dizziness. As for as I know it never goes away, but with lots of sleep and yoga I have been able to manage it better. Do you have any other symptoms like sore joints or lower back pain. Do the glands in your throat swell up making you get a sore throat or cause you to have trouble breathing. I also wanted to ask if you have been tested for anemia? If not, this needs to be the first thing you have tested for. That could explain the tired feelings too. I also suffer from this and have to take a multi-vitamin with iron to feel better. Hope this helps... hang in there...

Bree

Old 08-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #3
(female)

sleepypenguin HB User

I haven't been tested for any of that I think. I'll have to ask my doctor, although I think I need to get a new one because I feel like she doesn't even listen to me, and she said (twice) "We'll know whats wrong when the blood tests come back." Which never happened...

My knees and back (not just lower) usually hurt. I thought originally it was because of my weight, but now that I'm almost at a "normal" weight range for my height, they still feel the same, if not, worse.

Thank you for the suggestions of what it might be, I'll have to ask my doctor about those things (even though I hate her). ;P

Old 08-05-2006, 05:07 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Ronnie99 HB User

Do you snore? Even when you lose weight, you can still have sleep apnea. I had it for many years and never got it treated until it got really bad. Sleep apnea essentially means that when your body falls into deep sleep and your muscles relax, your airway becomes blocked because you have relaxed your throat muscles. This blocks your airway and deprives your body and mind of oxygen. Your mind subconciously sends signals out that take you out of deep sleep so your throat muscles tighten and your airway opens. A person with severe obstructive sleep apnea like me can stop breathing hundreds of times per night but you never wake up or know this is a problem (you think you had a good night sleep except you really did not). I was told I probably never had the deepest type of sleep ever for many years due to this apnea. If you knolw that you snore, I would suggest getting a sleep study done. Also, note that I used to kick a lot when my apnea was occuring too.... Best of luck to you.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #5
(female)

sleepypenguin HB User

I think my dad has sleep apnea (but won't get checked out) and I hear him sleep and stuff, and also did some research online about it, but I definately don't think thats my problem. Besides feeling sleepy I don't have any of the symptoms of it I think.

My dad does have almost everyone, so I wish he'd get checked out though. :\

Old 08-10-2006, 07:16 AM   #6
(female)

ans620 HB User

i have all the same symptoms as you too. my doctor tested me for EBV but it came back negative. ive been tested for mono it came back negative. if you find out whats wrong would you mind telling me this is so frustrating

Old 08-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Ronnie99 HB User

As an aside, EBV (Epstein Barr Virus) is the virus that causes Mono (Mononucleosis). Over 95% of adults over 30 years old are carriers of this virus since once you get it (usually as a child) you carry it for life.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #8
(female)

crazychic807 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepypenguin
Hi I'm 17 years old and I think I might have a sleeping problem.. I've looked on the internet and have been to the doctor to have 2 blood tests done.
Here are the symptoms/problems:
Undisturbed I can easily sleep 12+ hours.
I'm extremely tired after eating, to the point where I can't even funtion/fight it.
I get easily annoyed.
If someone tries to wake me up (even after sleeping 8+ hours) I get very angry at them.
My mom says I kick in my sleep.
I get easily brusied (I find bruises on my body for no apparent reason)
I get dizzy spells. They only last about a minute but when they do occur I feel like I'm going to collapse and my heart rate increases. (I never have fainted/fallen, but I feel as if I am)
I have a ton of trouble going to sleep because I can't stop thinking about things.
If I'm not doing something physical (ie. reading, computer, tv, studying) I can barely keep my eyes open. This is a big problem with the studying & reading part because I need to for school.

Other stuff:
I have normal blood pressure.
I eat healthy (vegetarian/organic foods)
I've recently lost almost 50 pounds (with another 15ish to go).
I get about 7 hours of sleep a night.
I never feel stressed out or anything.
I drink no soda/coffee (only water)

As a note all my problems (except for the bruising & dizziness) have been occurring for a while now...
People (my family) say its because I'm a vegetarian but like I said I already had most of these problems before, and I try to have a balanced diet, I just don't eat lettuce or something..

This is becoming more and more of a problem lately. I would like to get through doing work easier but after about 20 minutes I'm just too tired to concentrate. Just the feeling of being tired all the time is annoying.

Sorry about the very long post and thank you to anyone who can possibly help/has suggestions.
Hello im 21 years old and sometimes i feel like that also i get dizzy and feel like passing out ive lost wait before and i gain wait i eat right im not much on soda either i dont have much energy to do anything i get sleepy to easy i can barly hold my eyes open sometimes and then it just get to the poin where sometimes i cant sleep i just go to thiking about stuff that is wron with me or other stuff.

Closed Thread