It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 09:33 AM   #1
(female)

tawnyjade HB User
Dr. told me to look at CFS as possibility

Hi!
I'm so far beyound fatigue I chan barely speak a complete word. I have looked ino the CFS possibility as my Dr. asked me to. Seems I could be the poster child!
Got bloodwork done last Saturday, results yesterday.Everything was okay,except positive for EBV AB to VCA & IgM was positive and CMV Antibody, IgG also positive. My thyroid was removed the end of last year, but my thyroid levels were also okay. Doctor left a message on my answering machine saying the viruses were positive and there is no treatment.
Any suggestions? I can't continue on like this.

Thanks,

Tawny

Last edited by tawnyjade; 08-23-2006 at 09:54 AM.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: Dr. told me to look at CFS as possibility

Tawny,

Everything doesn't look "okay" to me from these tests. Did you see an infectious disease doc or someone who specializes in CFS? If not, you will likely be told that you are fine, when you're not. You need to find someone who really understands CFS. I would also visit the Lyme board here. This is a debilitating illness. If you cannot find the expertise or support where you live I would start doing a lot of research on the internet and visit other forums as well. There are a lot of savvy people in cyberspace who can help to guide you.

Best

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 07:23 PM   #3
(female)

tawnyjade HB User
Re: Dr. told me to look at CFS as possibility

I just got back from the doctor (G.P.). She has put me on an antidepressant as she says some get better on it. She says it takes a very long time to get better. She is very sympathetic and will listen to me when I ask about things I read on the internet.
She'll usually let me try things that I hear may help (withthe thyroid issues anyway).

I would love to hear about anything that gives people relief from CFS.

Thanks!

Tawny

Closed Thread