It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 01:51 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

pauly boy HB User
My Wife Is Always Tired??please Help.

Anyone Help,shes Always Tired And In Bed Until Late Morning,what Can I Do????????????????????

Old 09-03-2006, 06:44 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: My Wife Is Always Tired??please Help.

Pauly,

There could be many reasons, including depression or a disease process. I would start by seeing a doctor and getting a thorough check up, including lab work.

All the best

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
(female)

Edi HB User

I was sick for a long time and in hindsight I would have gone to doctor(s) and planted myself in their office telling them to run all the tests they could think of to diagnose what was wrong with me. My husband also said he would do the same now.

I thought I had CFS/Fibro, which I did, but I also had for over 12 years undiagnosed diabetes. They said they knew that from the progression of the cataracts. I eventually had to have my lenses replaced.

My advice is take her to the doctors and tell them to run any and all tests until they find out what is wrong with her.

Do NOT just let them put her on anit-depressents and send her home. She may get or be depressed now but that MAY not be her only problem. Alot of us who are sick and can't seem to get out of the illness or who are ill for a long period of time do get depressed but usually anti-depressents are not all we need. We get depressed because we are sick and no one seems to be able to help us.

Every person's body is different and you have to find what will heal your wife and it might be different things for her than for someone else. When our immune systems break down you have to find out what works for her.

If she has CFS/Fibro she will need a lot of rest for a long time probably - it will run it's course whether either of you like it or not. If your wife does not get over what she has now she will need your love, patience and support alot.

I cannot even begin to tell anyone how much I admire my husband for being so good to me all those years I was ill. He never once made me feel bad or guilty for being sick for so long. And he never made me feel bad when we spent all our savings in trying to find out what was wrong with me and then all the things we tried, trying to get me well. I know from being on bulletin boards and chat sites that many spouses are not as good as mine was.

If she says she is tired then she IS tired. She will have up days and down days. Trust her and believe her when she tells you how she feels. She's NOT trying to get out of work. Alot of times other family members will not understand - you will have to educate them and protect her.

For almost 10 years I was almost bedridden. My husband did a lot of the work and I did as much as I could to help him. It's only been in the last 2 years that I have started recovering. Why? I was finally diagnosed with diabetes that they know I had for about 12 years and because my immune system was so sick and shut down I was put on immune system support.

Now I lead a basically normal life but still have to make sure I don't over fatigue myself.

Good luck and TAKE your wife to the doctors or to alternative therapies if the doctors can't do anything for her.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #4
(female)

NJ Girl HB User

Have her Doctor run blood work also for Epstein Barr Virus. Unless the Dr. specifically requests the blood work for EBV, it won't show up in other routinely run blood work such as a CBC - complete blood count. This is one more thing I'd have her checked for.

Good luck!

NJ Girl

Closed Thread