It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2006, 02:42 AM   #1
(male)

jellore HB User
My GP says I might have CF !!!!!

After six months of a host of symptoms my GP says I might have CF, he says it is very poorly understand. However does this sound like CF ?

Symptoms in order:

i) chest pains
ii) Back pains
iii) chin, throat tingling
iv) Hand tingling
v) Feet numbness
vi) Severe fatigue
vii) Muscle aches
viii) low grade fevers
ix) sore feet, though no swelling at all
x) muscle cramps
xi) muscle twitching, mainsly calves but also other parts of body
xii) tender eyes
xiii) return of chest pain,
xiv) return of chin and lip tingling/slight tightness

The above in my poor opinion cut across a multitude of conditions. I have had blood test, spinal scan and brain MRI which are all good and normal.

Does this fit with a CF pattern ? I know all patients are different and no one experiences CF the same.

Jellore

Old 11-13-2006, 03:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: My GP says I might have CF !!!!!

Have you had your thyroid tested!!!

Alot of your symptoms fit a thyroid problem...Mandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2006, 03:32 AM   #3
(male)

jellore HB User

Hi Mad Maz,

THanks for the reply. I had thyroid tested a few months ago with my bloodwork and according to pathology everything in that area was okay....which has been the story with all my tests to date.

Jellore

Old 11-23-2006, 03:00 AM   #4
(female)

smackliet HB User

I sounds alot like FM/CF often the two syndromes are in combination, unfortunately many people with FM have the throat and chest symptoms you described. I have FM/CF and my friend who also has it gets sever chest pain which causes her to be hospitalized and put on iv pain meds because it is so severe ( it can mimic a heart attach.) I get the throat symptoms.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:19 AM   #5
(male)

jellore HB User

Thanks Smackliet, I have often thought that my symptoms overlap between CF and FS....I have often thought that FS is more or less CF with pain, or lots of it, random pain, transient.

Jellore

Old 11-27-2006, 07:52 PM   #6
(female)

Kian'sMom HB User

There is another condition that you might want to investigate. It's called POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome). It's considered to be a fairly rare disease, and only got it's name a few years ago (possibly one of the reasons it's so rare--there hasn't been time to diagnose many people with it). I have this condition, and your symptoms match up with it too. The essence of the condition is that your heart and circulatory system don't work well together, thus causing your heart rate to speed up anytime you stand to compensate for blood pooling in your legs (that you may or may not be aware of). Lightheadedness, weakness, chest pain (from your heart literally not filling with enough blood), vision changes, swallowing problems, irritable bowel syndrome, and chronic fatigue syndrome are all known to be consequences of POTS (as well as a whole host of other symptoms). Go to Google and type in POTS. There are several good articles on the topic that will help you see if this is something you should be looked at for. However, don't be surprised if your physician hasn't heard of it, or only vaguely knows about it. I get my healthcare at Mayo, who was the first to label the condition a few years ago, and this is the only reason I know about it.

Closed Thread