It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
(male)

GlennHick HB User
Total paralysis... need advice

Greetings to you all,

I am married to a CFS sufferrer diagnosed 2 weeks ago, so this is all new to us.
She is 32 and we have a 2 1/2 year old boy (handful, but we love him)

Last night at 3am she couldnt move.. totally paralyzed for about 30mins, then she got movement back slowly. very scary.
she probably did too much yesterday and is now paying the price for it.

today she is unable to function either... and is having a very low day.

is this thing normal? i am reading lots, but want real people to tell me what they might have had similar and if there was anything that helped.

Thanks in advance for your advice... hope to frequent the forum regularly now.
glenn

Old 11-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #2
(female)

soulwise HB User
Re: Total paralysis... need advice

I've not had it that bad except when I think a medicine caused it. Yes its very scary and honestly sounds like a seizure to me, and/or its possible to have fibromyalgia with this cfs and if she did way too much then a flare up can cause an inability to move mostly due to joint/muscle pain. Is she on any meds for this?

Last edited by soulwise; 11-17-2006 at 11:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

I do hope she feels better today!!

Have she had her thyroid tested, I have felt like this and I got told that I have a underactive thyroid...take care...Mandy

Old 11-19-2006, 06:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Glen,

Your wife is very lucky that you are helping her with this...I am going to throw some information to you...try and do the foot work..okay>

I don't know what all of her symptoms are or what test she has had....so bare with me...just some things for you too do some research on....

You might want to go to the lyme disease board and see what the symptoms are for that ...I have/had lyme ...when I was extremley ill I also had times when I was paralized...It is a scray thing...Lyme disease is the fastest growing infectious disease there is and is being MIS-DIAGNOISED so much because the test are not accurate....if you read on the lyme board and or your own search's and it sounds like lyme please post on the board what area you live in and someone will help you find a lyme literate medical doctor in your area...there are not very many of them that specialize iin Lyme...most of the time doctors will tell you it is not in your area...well it is alllllll around the world....there are about 300 strains of this bacteria. Ticks are not the only way to get this disease ..........

Also please read about Epstein Barr and Cytomeglovirus...they are in the herpe family...majority of us got these virus's when we were kids and it lays dormiant in our system until our immune system run low and some of us get reacurrent outbreaks...(mono) or so called CFS.....so if you are tested for it and at the time you don't show it being active this does not mean it will not be active the next day or week.....if she has these she needs a antiviral .....helps them to go back into remission....

Also read up on Dr. Charles Stratton and Chlamydia Pneumonia...and I am not talking about the sexually transmitted type....and read about Dr. Charles Stratton and Fibromyalgia....this is a bacteria that we allllllll got when we were kids or sometime in our lives...It is passed via air transmission such as sneezing, coughing, so easy to get this.....it is being researched and proven that this bacteria has about 4 stages of life...so when a person is given just a 10 day course of antibiotics it just kills off one stage of this bacteria....lots of research going on....also read up on the Vanderbilt protocol...this is regimn of antibiotics that are being used....so people that have M.S. fibro, Als, demeintia, lung problems ...and the list goes on.... a high percentage is caused from this bacteria....

so with any of these conditions it is best and to get to a doctor that specializes in them....not just a G.P that says it is all in your head and gives you unnecessary medications....and cover the symtoms and not the cure the cause.....

sounds like you are being a wonderfull support for your wife....be her advocate...read and read and just by pass all of those ding dong doctors...

Hope this helps some what....very easy to research any of these.......

Good Luck!

Jodie

Closed Thread