It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
New Labs In...

Hi everyone! I just got my new labs in with my new gp. Last visit he told me he felt in his gut it is cfs but wasn't going to commit yet. Well, yesterday I saw him and he says now is 99.9% convinced that it is cfs. He is sending me to a cfs specilaist that is close by. Supposedly within two years you feel 80% better if you follow this guys advise. I won't give up dairy though!!!!!!

EBV Positive 3.13
CMV Positive 4.15

Thyroid antibody 170
Thyroidglobin 134 This just means Hashi's antuimmune thyroid disease.
My tsh and t4 t3 are all pretty normal.

I really thought the lupus would be positive b/c I have many symptoms and feel so sick. So I was shocked to hear that they are fine.

The doc says most people with cfs have high positive EBV and CMV

If anyone has any input to all of this???? I have quit looking stuff up. But now that I have a 99.9% dx (which is good enough for me) I will persue research.

Thank you all for listening

Deena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2006, 06:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: New Labs In...

HI DEENA...sounds like you are making progress....yahoooooo!!!! Remember I told you about Dr. Powell...well there are a couple of other people that I know that have gotten back their test results and started on the Vanderbilt protocol...

One member here flew from Arizona to come and see hiim....she is glad to find some answers....

I have high titers also for EBV and CMV....doc put me on Valtrex...and within a couple of weeks I can breathe better and feel so much better all around...I am also on antibiotics for the Chylamidia Pneumoniae....which if you can, get a doctor to give you a blood test for that also....

In doing your reserch please read up on Dr. Charles Strattton and Fibro...the EBV and CMV seem to go hand in hand in alot of cases.....

Are you going to get your boys tested for the CMV and EBV. don't know if he told you but they are contagious...it just all depends on how our immune systems handle these virus's. Just might want to see if it is active in the kids...just a thought.....

so happy to hear you are finding answers...these conditions are treatable...it is just finding those hidden problems....

Keep us posted on how you are doing!!

Hugs to you....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Jojo,
Thanks for your quick response! It seems to me only that it is often hard to even get a response on this message board. I look here and leave feeling just as alone and frustrated sometimes.

The valtrax that you are on what symptoms does that treat specifically? Are you on the Vanderbilt portocol? What foods does it restrict. I am sick and want to get better but seriously doubt I could ever cut vertain foods out all together. Like milk or an occasional steak,

I want to do more research on CMV. I understand ebv is mono, right? But cmv that is positive with a high titer. I wonder does this mean we have mono? I will ask the ped in a few weeks myboys have theier yearly check up. They are tired a lot but could be the normal stuff.

Ok. I will research Dr. Charles Stratton and also fins out more about cmv.

Thanks oyu so much for your input. I have NO ONE else who understands. My husband knows I am sick but struggles I think with the first dx of fibro and now this..... It can be a lonely sickness.

Pls when you get the time tell me your whole story!!!!!

Hugs back at ya,

Deena

Old 12-01-2006, 07:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Good Day Deena....yes this diseases can be lonely...they can sure dystroy lives and families...and the funny thing about it...THEY CAN BE TREATED! ahhhh....crazy doctors....

I have been battling lyme disease for about 20 years and that has been hard to get treated and then your immune system breaks down and calls in all kinds of other bacteriias and virus's to come out and party...your thyroid shuts down...heart problems lost the use of my legs and arms for a while...almost sent to the mental ward...and still have my issues...this awesome doctor I go to is a fibro doctor and deals with CMV and EBV...the new studies show that this chylmydia pnemonia can in most cases be the cause of fibro...it is a bacteria pretty much like lyme and causes alot of the same symptoms....Both are treated with antibiotics...

The EBV and CMV they are both in the family of herpes...and that doesn't mean that you have genital herpes...there are many many strains of this virus....And yes you have the label Mono....alot of people's immune systems run the course of the mono and never have any more problems with it...then other people like us get the long haul of it then we have that lable Chronic Fatigue...I do hope your doctor has you on Valtrex...it will help put it back into remisson ...herpe virus's lay dormaint all our lives in our bodies...then when our immune systems break down they then pop out...also...
have your t-3 and t-4 checked...getting on medi's for this will surely help if they are out of wack...

I truely wish you would get to see Doctor Powell in Sacramento...he really will help get you on the road to good health....

Hugs to you Deena...

Closed Thread