It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
(male)

merjn HB User
Can this be CFS?

Hello all, I hope I am posting in the correct forum as I admin other pc help forums and I know it is frustrating to move threads, so please bear with me if I am posting incorrect.

Simple and easy. Coffee and other stimulants like pop and energy drinks all of a sudden make me almost fall asleep. While some of the medication I am taking wakes me up like Klonopin (a depressant) I am 33 years old so i don't know if I am going through a mid-life crisis type of thing, I just don't know. I thought it to be a lack of adrenaline etc. But things like Vicodin (for kidney Stones so taken as prescribed wire me for a whole day)?

But when I dont have any of those I am extremly tired ..not lazy just cannot focus on things..I had a T.I.A about 6 months ago and they tested for MS but the spinal tap came back negative as did the MRI. I have seen my FP as well as an internal medicine doc. And I really hate when I think that I am looking for Drugs!!! I can cre less for driugs (exept where I need them) they always think I am trying to get Ritilin etc..But I tell them well noooo because I dont want to sleep forever. As I was put on focalin 20mgs twice a day. And that almost gave me a heart attack, as my blodd pressure is normally around 150/90, after taking Focalin 210/149 was its highest and had to be in the ER for a day to get it to come down..

Any ideas.. Thanks alot...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
(female)

tawnyjade HB User
Re: Can this be CFS?

Hi,
I think you need to keep asking your doctors to find out what is causing your symptoms. Hopefully it is something more treatable than CFS.
I've known a couple of people who responded to medications the opposite as most. I have not heard of that being a CFS thing, though.
Remember to write down as much as you can, so when you go to the doctor you don't have to rely on your brain for the questions.
Good luck to you!
Tawny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
(female)

worried30 HB User
Re: Can this be CFS?

Hi I am 30 years old, I was diagnosed with CFS at 17. At least thats what was determined after ruling out, HIV, and other illnesses. I don't think there is an actual test for it. I got a combo of anemia, mononucleosis, and hepatitis (not the sexually transmitted one) One illness caused the other illness it was a vicious cycle. I thought I was dying, I had always been super healthy. I had NO ENERGY WHATSOEVER, my whole body was just dead. It was actually quite scary. They told me that it was more than likely something I would have to deal with on and off for the rest of my life. That once you get it you have it for life!!!
On top of that they had no medicine certainly no cure. It didn't matter, my parents thankfully have always preferred to treat things as naturally as possible. This Earth is just one giant medicine cabinet.
So my mother started to nurse me back to health, naturally.
Lots of salads, with beets, and carrots, dark green leafy veggies, at least 2 fruit and vegetable juices a day, made with a juicer.
Oddly my bady was actually craving these healthy foods, where as normally at least at that age I was into chocolate, candy, junk basically, I didn't have any desire for this things.
I highly recommend just eating as healthy as possible, what can you lose by doing that. I know it sounds too simple, but believe it or not, after about 3 months of this healthy diet I was completely cured, baack to normal. Whats more I have never suffered from this fatigue again since then , even though I did not continue with this healthy diet, I don't eat fast food daily but I am not vegetarian, etc. I try now that I am 30 too eat healthy and exercise, I really believe in the power of the mind now because of this experience, I did not allow myself too just accept and believe that this "syndrome" would be something I would have to live with forever, it is just something they name to make people think they know what is wrong.
In conclusion, Eat Healthy, Exercise, and Enjoy Life!
I do hope you feel better soon, try not to go the prescription drug route.
Keep me posted. Sorry for going on and on, bye.

Closed Thread