It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
fusionqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,034
fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Question Fatigue?????????????

How do you handle the fatigue????????? I have hypo thyroid....being treated...sjogrens and CFS!! I got hit with the fatigue 3 days ago..... I am miserable!! How or what do you do to make it better? I exercise every day but am dragging!!

 
Old 02-02-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 406
music12 HB User
Re: Fatigue?????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionqueen View Post
How do you handle the fatigue????????? I have hypo thyroid....being treated...sjogrens and CFS!! I got hit with the fatigue 3 days ago..... I am miserable!! How or what do you do to make it better? I exercise every day but am dragging!!
If you have CFS I would not exercise every day! Many people with CFS are exercise intolerant. It is in fact one of the main symptoms. Exercise, especially if you are in a "flare", will only exacerbate your symptoms. Take it easy, rest until the "flare" subsides, then go back to exercise... but minimally! This may well mean only 5 or 10 minutes. You will have to find the level at which you can maintain without flaring and that often occurs within 24 hours.

Ballady

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 02-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
fusionqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,034
fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Re: Fatigue?????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballady3 View Post
If you have CFS I would not exercise every day! Many people with CFS are exercise intolerant. It is in fact one of the main symptoms. Exercise, especially if you are in a "flare", will only exacerbate your symptoms. Take it easy, rest until the "flare" subsides, then go back to exercise... but minimally! This may well mean only 5 or 10 minutes. You will have to find the level at which you can maintain without flaring and that often occurs within 24 hours.

Ballady
WOW !!! I did not know that..........I have been in a flare this last week....and have been pushing myself to run 4 miles a day plus weight lifting. No wonder I feel so horrible!! Hard to not do it when I have put on LBS since diagnosis........seems like a no win situation.......Do you take any meds for you CFS? I was on Plaquenil as I also have Sjogren's but had an allergic reation to it.....ALso Tried Provigil.....felt 100 miles and hour the first day and SICK after that so it didn't work either!

 
Old 02-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #4
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
gifted1 HB User
Re: Fatigue?????????????

wow your cfs must not be that bad if you can do all that , i couldent imagine being able to do any of that, 4 miles jeeze!
yeh i think you should read up information on cfs it helps alot to learn about the illness as much as possible trust me!
the more you learn the more you understand and can help to pace yourself
good luck !

 
Old 02-26-2007, 05:51 AM   #5
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: WALES
Posts: 12
welshbabe HB User
Re: Fatigue?????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionqueen View Post
WOW !!! I did not know that..........I have been in a flare this last week....and have been pushing myself to run 4 miles a day plus weight lifting. No wonder I feel so horrible!! Hard to not do it when I have put on LBS since diagnosis........seems like a no win situation.......Do you take any meds for you CFS? I was on Plaquenil as I also have Sjogren's but had an allergic reation to it.....ALso Tried Provigil.....felt 100 miles and hour the first day and SICK after that so it didn't work either!
I'm not on meds but don't know how you manage the exercise either!!! Try giving it a miss when bad and see if it makes a difference.

I know I was rough at the weekend and just getting to the kitchen was a struggle!

 
Old 02-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 406
music12 HB User
Re: Fatigue?????????????

Adrenal Fatigue, which many with CFS have, may also contribute to the inability to receuperate after exercise.

 
Old 02-26-2007, 06:24 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
fusionqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,034
fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Re: Fatigue?????????????

I also suffer from Sjogren's and this last week each day got worse and YES if I "PUSH" myself to exercise I find the next day I really suffer.....I did not put 2 & 2 together. I guess Itry mind over matter as I have a family and don't want them to have to deal with mom always being sick....

I wish you all the best if feeling well!!

 
Old 03-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #8
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: brandon,florida,usa
Posts: 1
melodykee HB User
Re: Fatigue?????????????

I was suffering from this so bad that I had to change my 8 to 5 job to a 8- 2 so i can go home and take a nap before the kids got home, then i eventually left the job..I never got this checked out but my job I have now has been a part time position since then. I need help.

 
Old 03-25-2007, 07:30 PM   #9
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 81
Sally A HB User
Re: Fatigue?????????????

You must get enough rest. I used to exer. too much. Bad mistake. Have you checked your b12 level?

 
Old 05-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: WA State
Posts: 32
lightnerbride HB User
Re: Fatigue?????????????

I have finally worked up to being able to walk the dog twice a day and I thought that was an accomplishment. I don't see running let alone 4 miles in my future ever. Twice a day around a big block does me in esp. right now while I'm also suffering from pleurisy. I too have hypothyroid and then also FM. It's important to learn to pace yourself with this disease along with I save my energy during the week so on weekends I can do more with my husband. I have a feeling that once we have a kid or 2 I'll be even worse but I really want to get pregnant!
Best Wishes

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
New to Board,Recently Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, new to Pain Mgt New To CP Fibromyalgia 7 06-14-2009 02:39 AM
need help finding the cause! (chronic fatigue & chronic dry irritated eyes) Guy2307 General Health 3 08-13-2008 08:12 AM
inappropriate sinus tachycardia + chronic fatigue? mluke320 Sinus Problems 12 06-27-2008 12:31 PM
Question about fatigue kiya Chronic Fatigue 12 06-07-2008 03:19 AM
Adrenal Fatigue Hannigaholic Chronic Fatigue 3 04-03-2008 11:36 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



paulapage1980 (3), wigs123 (3), Brodie179 (3), ladybud (3), mare50 (3), RickinOH (3), CFIDS (3), sleepykitty44 (3), microwave (2), proudARMYmom (2)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1011), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (856), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (761), ladybud (755), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:44 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!