It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Question Fatigue?????????????

How do you handle the fatigue????????? I have hypo thyroid....being treated...sjogrens and CFS!! I got hit with the fatigue 3 days ago..... I am miserable!! How or what do you do to make it better? I exercise every day but am dragging!!

Old 02-02-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User
Re: Fatigue?????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionqueen View Post
How do you handle the fatigue????????? I have hypo thyroid....being treated...sjogrens and CFS!! I got hit with the fatigue 3 days ago..... I am miserable!! How or what do you do to make it better? I exercise every day but am dragging!!
If you have CFS I would not exercise every day! Many people with CFS are exercise intolerant. It is in fact one of the main symptoms. Exercise, especially if you are in a "flare", will only exacerbate your symptoms. Take it easy, rest until the "flare" subsides, then go back to exercise... but minimally! This may well mean only 5 or 10 minutes. You will have to find the level at which you can maintain without flaring and that often occurs within 24 hours.

Ballady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballady3 View Post
If you have CFS I would not exercise every day! Many people with CFS are exercise intolerant. It is in fact one of the main symptoms. Exercise, especially if you are in a "flare", will only exacerbate your symptoms. Take it easy, rest until the "flare" subsides, then go back to exercise... but minimally! This may well mean only 5 or 10 minutes. You will have to find the level at which you can maintain without flaring and that often occurs within 24 hours.

Ballady
WOW !!! I did not know that..........I have been in a flare this last week....and have been pushing myself to run 4 miles a day plus weight lifting. No wonder I feel so horrible!! Hard to not do it when I have put on LBS since diagnosis........seems like a no win situation.......Do you take any meds for you CFS? I was on Plaquenil as I also have Sjogren's but had an allergic reation to it.....ALso Tried Provigil.....felt 100 miles and hour the first day and SICK after that so it didn't work either!

Old 02-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #4
(female)

gifted1 HB User

wow your cfs must not be that bad if you can do all that , i couldent imagine being able to do any of that, 4 miles jeeze!
yeh i think you should read up information on cfs it helps alot to learn about the illness as much as possible trust me!
the more you learn the more you understand and can help to pace yourself
good luck !

Old 02-26-2007, 05:51 AM   #5
(female)

welshbabe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionqueen View Post
WOW !!! I did not know that..........I have been in a flare this last week....and have been pushing myself to run 4 miles a day plus weight lifting. No wonder I feel so horrible!! Hard to not do it when I have put on LBS since diagnosis........seems like a no win situation.......Do you take any meds for you CFS? I was on Plaquenil as I also have Sjogren's but had an allergic reation to it.....ALso Tried Provigil.....felt 100 miles and hour the first day and SICK after that so it didn't work either!
I'm not on meds but don't know how you manage the exercise either!!! Try giving it a miss when bad and see if it makes a difference.

I know I was rough at the weekend and just getting to the kitchen was a struggle!

Old 02-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

Adrenal Fatigue, which many with CFS have, may also contribute to the inability to receuperate after exercise.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:24 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I also suffer from Sjogren's and this last week each day got worse and YES if I "PUSH" myself to exercise I find the next day I really suffer.....I did not put 2 & 2 together. I guess Itry mind over matter as I have a family and don't want them to have to deal with mom always being sick....

I wish you all the best if feeling well!!

Old 03-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #8
(female)

melodykee HB User

I was suffering from this so bad that I had to change my 8 to 5 job to a 8- 2 so i can go home and take a nap before the kids got home, then i eventually left the job..I never got this checked out but my job I have now has been a part time position since then. I need help.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:30 PM   #9
(female)

Sally A HB User

You must get enough rest. I used to exer. too much. Bad mistake. Have you checked your b12 level?

Old 05-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
(female)

lightnerbride HB User

I have finally worked up to being able to walk the dog twice a day and I thought that was an accomplishment. I don't see running let alone 4 miles in my future ever. Twice a day around a big block does me in esp. right now while I'm also suffering from pleurisy. I too have hypothyroid and then also FM. It's important to learn to pace yourself with this disease along with I save my energy during the week so on weekends I can do more with my husband. I have a feeling that once we have a kid or 2 I'll be even worse but I really want to get pregnant!
Best Wishes

Closed Thread