It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

MelanieDee HB User
I can't get rid of my Epstein-Barr!

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with Mono last summer. I was told the virus had been in my body for months, I had seen the symptoms but I was away at college and just thought I was always catching something from the other students. Well when it was finally diagnosed I spent a good 3 weeks resting and eating healthily. Now...7 months later, I am feeling the same way all over again. I got new blood tests done and they have told me that the Epstein-Barr virus is back again. I can't stop sleeping, my brain is so foggy and I feel like I'm trying to walk through jell-o air! I don't know what to do! I'm missing work and school and a lot of theatre rehearsals because I've been so fatigued. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anything that has worked for them? I am so helpless that I'm becoming depressed and I just want to give up!

Old 02-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: I can't get rid of my Epstein-Barr!

Hi Melanie....sorry to hear you are having problems...when you have Epstein Barr and or other herpe virus's in your system they never leave your body...They can lie dormant and then have them to re-appear....

My doctor is a Fibro/chronic fatigue doctor...he puts his patients on high dosages of Valtrex. I have been on zovirax and aclovair for EPV but they did not work. Valtrex is putting it back into remission....

Good Luck to you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread