It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
(female)

Leesa1 HB User
Thumbs down Tired, Lethargic, low immunity.

Hi.
I had Chronic fatigue for 3 yrs, fighting illnesses with double antibiotics cos my body wouldn't fight it, it's been going on and on now for 7 years, and my symptoms have got progressively worse. The fatigue is becoming very draining, and I've been breaking out in bruises constantly, with a low grade fever and severe bone pain in my arms and right leg. My blood tests don't show that I am fighting anything, and I have talked to the doctor about getting a bone scan because the pain was so severe in my right leg, I started limping for 2 weeks, the pain is more severe at night, and very painful during the day, starts in my lower leg and works it's way up to my thigh. I'm wondering if anybody else has had Chronic fatigue with symptoms that have worsened and progressed?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Re: Tired, Lethargic, low immunity.

Hi! I have only had this for 1 1/2 yrs. I too have low grade fevers and swollen lymph nodes. I have pain so bad. Sometimes I wake up either crying or moaning from the pain. I too limp but it's all the time. Either it's my feet or bones or hips or shin bones. I wonder at times if it's some kind of bone cancer that they missed. But the docs haven't found anything. However I have never had a bone marrow test. And I don't want one!!!
I thought these feelings were common to everyone with sfids. But I posted for people to tell mw what they used for pain meds and ony ONE person answered. So I thought I was alone on this.
I can't say I am getting worse. I feel like it just keeps moving from one problem to another.
Let me know what you take to help you!!!!!!
God bless,
Deena

Last edited by MOMOFBOYZ; 02-23-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

Are you referring to the illness CFS? If so, this probably would not respond to antibiotics and, I think, might even make it worse. CFS is considered to be a virus (although they don't really know). If you have it you can try to treat the symptoms as they arise. Also, try to find a doc knowledgeable about this illness or even a naturopathic doc.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #4
(female)

Leesa1 HB User

Hi. Thank you for your response. I didn't know Chronic fatigue was a virus, I just thought it was a name doctors categorised you as, due to not having enough medical background information to classify it as something else.. ie a known disease.
The thing I found helped me the most was garlic capsules and taking a 1000mg of vitamin C twice a day, powder to put in water or orange juice. There is also another remedy called Olive leaf extract that I am going to try to see if it reduces my symptoms, it's said to relieve Chronic fatigue symptoms.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
(female)

Leesa1 HB User

Hi there.
I completely understand the symptoms you are going through.
I don't think the pain is associated with bone cancer if the doctors have done a full blood count regularly, as this would define whether there was an irregularity in the bone marrow. Although I understand the pain.. and know why you'd question as to whether it was. It's best to just keep a positive mind, and hopefully things will get better for you. How are your Iron levels?? From my experience of Chronic fatigue, if my IgM was down (a component of iron) it would trigger alot of other illnesses such as respiratory infections etc, so perhaps thats the same for you? It'd be interesting to keep an eye out on it. Best wishes to you with your health

Old 03-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #6
(female)

bailey11 HB User

Hi Leesa,

I have a couple of suggestions you might want to consider trying. You could possibly be suffering from an allergy, such as a wheat allergy/intolerance, or gluten. I would try eliminating these foods to see if you feel any better. I have a wheat allergy, it makes me very sick, so I have to illiminate it from my diet altogether. I have also looked into Candida, and I could relate to most of the symptoms, and I am currently taking something for it. Within a few days I felt the energy moving back into my body, it was fantastic after so many years of feeling lerthargic, low immunity, tiredness, allergies, aching muscles, bones, headaches and the list goes on and on. I am finally restoring my health because a friend of mine one day walked into my life and mentioned the word 'Candida' I'm so thankful for her being in my life! Do some research on it and see if you can relate to it. Apparantly so many people are suffering from this dreaded Candida and don't even know it.

Wishing you all the best for your health : )

Closed Thread