It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
(female)

blumel HB User
Cfs??

Hi

I'm new to this board & am hoping that I can get some help from others on here if possible.
I have gone through hell the past 2 or so years - 3 years ago, I had this virus like I have never had before. I was extremely dizzy, very weak & fatigued, had low blood pressure, my throat was swollen, had a hoarse voice and some sinus congestion. I barely had any energy to speak or stand up for a couple of weeks. After this, I never felt the same again.

Ever since then, I have been experiencing a type of fatigue that I can not describe. It is so debilitating it is unbearable. I get 'bouts' of extreme symptoms where I experience the worst fatigue, dizziness, a swollen throat, low grade fever, followed by nasal symptoms and a headache. I can't even sit at the dinner table because I need to be lying down the whole time. In amongst these bouts, I have been experiencing other new symptoms which I never had before this virus. They include sinus & allergy problems, feeling cloudy headed, heat intolerance, swollen hands and feet, unexplained weight gain, low blood sugar, recurrent throat infections, debilitating PMS, sore tongue, indigestion/nausea & anxiety. The fatigue occurs at different levels throughout the whole time. I can't tolerate things that I used to and I can't get into an exercise routine because exercising doesn't make me feel well.

One doctor didn't even do any tests & said my fatigue was because I used to be shy as a child so I've got depression now & I needed a strong bout of antidepressants (figure that one out!).
Another doctor said it was because of my anxiety & also wanted to put me on an antidepressant. I only went as far as going on St Johns wort for 12 months, but that made me depressed & when i stopped it I felt much better. My blood tests have shown only that I have had glandular fever & my blood sugar is low, but TSH, B12, folate, blood count etc are fine. But this problem has gone on over 2 years & my life is at a standstill. A lot of people have commented that I may have CFS, but no doctor seems to be able or willing to look into it.

For anyone that has CFS - does this sound remotely like it? I'm so frustrated that I can't get any answers from anyone & figured that the only people who may be able to help me are those who have actually gone through it, so any opinions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2007, 02:58 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User
Re: Cfs??

Yes, it definitely does should like CFS may be a possibility. The first thing I would do is try to find a competent doctor. There are some who specialize in CFS (although few and far between). You could also check out the National CFS Foundation and view their list of qualifying symptoms. They also have an honor list of docs throughout the US (maybe elsewhere as well).

All the best as I know how frustrating this illness can be. If you have specific symptoms you want to address, and know whether you want to go the alternative or allopathic route, you could also post those for a possible response.

Hang in there. There is hope.

Closed Thread