It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
(female)

u2star HB User
Tired, cranky and low mood-people don't want to be around me.

Help! I have been feeling so misearable with chronic fatigue, flu-like symptoms, no appetite chronic pain and depression as a result. I have been seeing a therapist twice weekly and I am on Zoloft for the depression issues and xanax for anxiety. I am on other meds also for other issues.

Has anyone had relationship issues as a result of chronic illness. I feel so horrible that I am not very friendly to my partner which is causing problems. I feel badly that she has to deal with me this way and having to tell her I feel horrible physically again on a daily basis. Of course my issues have disrupted our travel plans which doesn't help.

Any suggestions????

Diane

Old 02-26-2007, 03:17 AM   #2
(female)

welshbabe HB User
Re: Tired, cranky and low mood-people don't want to be around me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2star View Post
Help! I have been feeling so misearable with chronic fatigue, flu-like symptoms, no appetite chronic pain and depression as a result. I have been seeing a therapist twice weekly and I am on Zoloft for the depression issues and xanax for anxiety. I am on other meds also for other issues.

Has anyone had relationship issues as a result of chronic illness. I feel so horrible that I am not very friendly to my partner which is causing problems. I feel badly that she has to deal with me this way and having to tell her I feel horrible physically again on a daily basis. Of course my issues have disrupted our travel plans which doesn't help.

Any suggestions????
Diane
Hi sorry to hear of your problems.

I've no solutions I'm afraid.

When I moan I don't get sympathy much as hubby has his own health issues so it develops into a sort of 'who's worse' contest! Also my son also has ME so I try not to moan and keep the home 'upbeat' if possible for him.

We also have the travel issues as when my son has a good day foten I don't so its difficult to get us both ok at the same time.

Sorry not to be able to help but you're not alone with it!!

Last edited by welshbabe; 02-26-2007 at 03:18 AM. Reason: spelling!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
(male)

cake_2 HB User

I know how you feel.

I haven't felt like myself for the past 15 months since I've had this. Most of the time I just want to be alone, both because I don't feel like talking to people and I'm afraid I might offend them by either saying something I'll regret or not saying anything and giving one word responses.

I think it's important that other people realise that it's not simply a case of "lightening up" (as I've been told so many times by people who have no idea) as there's obviously something physically (neurologically/whatever) wrong and we can't simply choose how we feel.

A band-aid solution for me is to drink a really strong coffee which improves how I feel drastically (mentally at least) for most of the day.

I realise that this post probably doesn't help you at all, I thought I'd empathise.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
(female)

u2star HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cake_2 View Post
I know how you feel.

I haven't felt like myself for the past 15 months since I've had this. Most of the time I just want to be alone, both because I don't feel like talking to people and I'm afraid I might offend them by either saying something I'll regret or not saying anything and giving one word responses.

I think it's important that other people realise that it's not simply a case of "lightening up" (as I've been told so many times by people who have no idea) as there's obviously something physically (neurologically/whatever) wrong and we can't simply choose how we feel.

A band-aid solution for me is to drink a really strong coffee which improves how I feel drastically (mentally at least) for most of the day.

I realise that this post probably doesn't help you at all, I thought I'd empathise.

Thank You-I really do appreciate your input. I hope you are feeling better-at least for today!

Diane

Closed Thread