It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User
what to do when you feel so weak?

i have fibromyalgia for 7 years or so. i believe i have cfs too. i am always so exhasuted. i am only 28 and have 3 kids and i feel run down all time. today i am getting over strep throat and i have been so weak. i feel like i have to make my self move and my legs are sooo tired and weak. what can i do to make myself not feel so tired and exhausted so easily. there is so much i want to do but i always feel to tired. it drives me crazy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
(female)

jessicataylor HB User
Re: what to do when you feel so weak?

I drink alot of water, take b complex and get out in the fresh air and get some sun. . . . the best thing you can do is move however hard it is you need to make your self active. . . you will feel better in the end

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 09:09 PM   #3
(female)

lightnerbride HB User

I can understand where you are coming from and I don't have three kids! I'm 34 and have been severly flared for 7 years but I was first diagnosed with CFS and FM when I was 19. How did your pregnancy go as far as health conditions? I am weaning off all my medications so I can try to get pregnant but I've been warned I may get worse.
I have felt CO-enzyme Q 10 has helped a little but only after being on it two months and that my doctor was right that walking helps. I went from nothing to now I'm able to walk the dog twice a day around the block (big block!) It's not a lot but it has helped.
Best Wishes

Old 05-31-2007, 07:35 AM   #4
(female)

blalockm HB User

I think one of the best things you can do is force yourself into an exercise routine. I know it's hard when you're so very tired, but it WILL kick up your energy levels if you give it a chance.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:06 AM   #5
(female)

Maenad HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalockm View Post
I think one of the best things you can do is force yourself into an exercise routine. I know it's hard when you're so very tired, but it WILL kick up your energy levels if you give it a chance.
I'd like to say the opposite I'm afraid - though it is important not to give up completely, if your body is exhausted and stuggling to cope then exercise is simply putting extra demands on an already overstretched system. I have had CFS for over 7 years, and though I have always tried to keep as busy as possible, I have also learnt that the heroic 'mind over matter' attempt to push the body to exercise only makes things worse. Once you understand the biochemistry and cellular level problems the body is going through, it makes more sense to emphasise rest and recovery. We live in an extremely macho/masochistic culture than derides rest and praises overdoing it, so try to think against the grain on this one. I'd also recommending popping over to the CFS as mitochondrial failure thread, as it may help with understanding why exercise isn't the answer to a condition such as this. Especially as exercise is probably the one activity guaranteed to make you feel worse - and if you are alread running around after three children, I suspect just 'living' is more than enough activity for you each day. What I would say is that its important to get out the house daily, even if its only for a five minute walk to sit on a bench for ten minutes - staying housebound is only for those days when getting out of bed seems like climbing a mountain. OK, hope that helps, Maenad

Last edited by Maenad; 06-01-2007 at 06:07 AM.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
(female)

nmgrl HB User

I agree with the last post--forcing yourself into an exercise regime, if you truly have CFS, is contraindicated. You need to feel more or less okay when you are "at rest", and then...very slowly....begin to increase your activity level. It's so important to listen to your body. If you get worse, and you feel sicker, more fatigued, in the days after, it's too much for you, and you need to scale back. For me, when I'm at my worst, the one thing that helps the most is to REDUCE my activity level. Rest. My body lets me know when it is feeling better, and then I naturally want to be more active again. Sorry you're feeling so crummy!

Old 06-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #7
(female)

were2alike HB User

Hey! I know the feeling like you comming down with a cold that just there but I know why I feel weak my blood pressure drops and when its low IM VERY TIRED . so check your blood pressure when you feel so weak and pay close attention to it. try to keep a record of the days you feel weak and take blood pressure each time and compare it to the days you feel not so tired.

Closed Thread