It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #1
(female)

looie HB User
Unhappy Please help, advice needed!

Hey everyone,
I am a 21 year old female. I have been unwell now for almost a year. Doctors have not yet been able to diagnose my condition, which is very frustrating! My problems began with with a swollen calf in just one of my legs. Along with the swelling came discomfort, I can only describe it as a dull aching pain which felt as though its coming from the bone. Slowly after this happened I began feeling many other symptoms. I am constantly exhausted, hot sweats (which make me light headed), all over aches and pains, pins and needles, dizziness, sore throat (with ulcerated tonsils)...the list goes on! The fatigue is what I could only describe as overwhelming and persistent. I am currently absent from work due to my health problems. No matter how much rest I take I constantly feel unwell. I can sleep and sleep and wake up still tired! I have had various tests taken on my leg, these being x-rays, ultra sounds, MRI scan yet the results are normal. I have also had many blood tests taken which also come back as being normal. The only thing that has proven to be positive is Glandular Fever, which the doctor told me will always show positive after you have had an attack of the illness. The doctors don't believe this is whats causing my symptoms as it is coming up for a year and my symptoms have progressively gotton worse. The doctors wanted to test the swollen leg for any abnormalities before looking in to the other symptoms which I have described above. I have a meeting with my doctor again in a few days, he is going to gather some information regarding CFS for me to take a look at.

I would really like to know what you all think of my symptoms as I am not quite sure if these are infact related to CFS. Any help would be very much appreciated. I am looking for any advice possible.

Thanks for reading!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Re: Please help, advice needed!

Hi there! Mine begab with a swollen lymph node and allof the other symptoms you mentioned. Nights sweats, low grade fevers, dizzy, pain, tingling, can't talk right, tired, can't sleep. ect ect
You are not crazy. It is real. I am sorry you are so sick. Keep looking.

Deena

Old 03-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Nixi HB User

I'm so sorry you're experiencing all this. There is nothing worse than waiting and not knowing!-I know I'm also in that boat. My doc says I have Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, but are also beginning to investigate further- but I've had no tests!! I can relate to the overwhelming fatigue- I too could sleep forever and still be tired! I too am off work because of it all! It is so frustrating not being able to do what you need to do- I can't be a proper mum, let alone work!!-But am determined to beat this thing!!

It sounds like your doctor is being thorough in his tests, which is good- sometimes it helps to know what you HAVEN'T got almost as much as it does to find out what you've got! I'm not sure about the swollen calf, but I can relate to the dizziness, pins and needles, numbness, pain in all my muscles, to the point I can't move or walk sometimes...I could go on.

It sounds like your doc is going through all the tests, if they are all ok, he may look at fibromyalgia, which can be diagnosed by pressure points on your body. I'm afraid I'm not much help, as I am also in limbo- I've not had any tests to reach a conclusion of fibro.

Try and take some comfort that you're going down the right path, and even if it's a long one, hopefully you'll reach some sort of answer. The main thing is to try and stay positive (yeah...I know that's easier said than done), but also try to get SOME exercise(no matter how small and gradually build it up)- I KNOW how painful it is- and I struggle to judge just what I can and can't do... but it is important to keep your body moving or it'll become even worse!!!

Also use these forums- it's so helpful to know that there are other people experiencing what you are- it's not all in your mind, there are answers out there- somewhere- and these people care about you!!!!

Good luck I hope you find some answers soon.

Lots of hugs

Old 03-14-2007, 05:21 AM   #4
(female)

looie HB User

Hi Niki

Thanks for your response, It's good to know that I'm not the only one going through this! I noticed in one of your past posts that you experience/experienced bladder problems. I have found that since becoming unwell I have been urinating much more frequently, I have again been to my Gp about this. I was found to have a urine infection a few months back and was prescribed anit-biotics but the symptoms have never dissapeared! I regularly take urine samples for my Gp to test but apart from a slight show of protein (which isn't very regular) everything seems fine! Another Mystery!

I wondered what problems you experience in this area?

Thanks again for your reply, I hope answers are available very soon!

Please keep in touch

Old 03-18-2007, 03:22 PM   #5
(female)

welshbabe HB User

Yes all my tests were negative but I started with a virus (as do lots of people).
Couldn't get to answer your other post but I'd say concentrate on your own health and DO NOT worry about work (or anything else!0.
Stress of any sort definitely exacerbates the symptoms and , while we can't eliminate all of it - we have to try or best.
Your health is more important then ANYTHING!!

Old 03-19-2007, 05:37 AM   #6
(female)

looie HB User

Hello Welshbabe

Thanks for your reply. My illness began after having Glandular Fever (Epstein-Barr virus). Since then I have not been able to get over it! Infact my condition is most definitely getting worse. Thanks for the reassurance with regards to working with the illness. At the moment I am taking each day as it comes, I think thats all I can do.

Looie

Closed Thread