It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
(female)

looie HB User
Unhappy Working with severe CFS?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if any of you could give me any advice on working with CFS. I am in the process of being dignosed and was told by my doctor that one of the steps will eventually be getting back into working. The last 9 months I have barely been able to get out of bed with the condition and when I do I frequently experience dizzy spells and faints! It is terrible.
My symptoms are gradually getting worse.

At the moment working really isn't a possibility! Do many people with severe CFS work with the condition?

What are the steps?

Thanks for reading.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Re: Working with severe CFS?

I am sorry you are so sick! I think you should either change to a doc who gets it or ignore him! Any cook can tell you when you are this sick you can't work!!!!!!
I am only 40 and just getting ready to file for ssi. My husband even agrees with me. There is no way I could keep a job. Like you with the dizziness ect I couldn't even make it to the interview.

It is insane! Pls find someone who knows and has experience with cfs!!!!

Let us know and God bless,Deena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2007, 04:33 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

I agree with the last poster - find a new doc! Obviously he doesn't understand the illness. Trying to push getting back to work when you are so fatigued would only exacerbate the symptoms. You could do some research and try to find a practitioner (allopathic or alternative, probably more luck with alternative) who actually understands CFS.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
(female)

violaroses HB User

no, i am afraid you cant. speaking from somebody who was just like you, ((())) guess what, i got better and so can you. you wont like the answer though ((())) time was really the only thing that helped me in the long run. but i never got better to go back to work. i am sorry you are dealing with this. just remember to move your arms up and down and your legs to keep them excerisized if you only can stay on the couch. hugs

Old 03-28-2007, 10:28 PM   #5
(female)

stefie HB User

Its funny how everyone is saying they never got back to work.... i had CFS for 6 years, i was hospitalised for 6 weeks, i couldnt even move my lips to talk or open my eyes... .. yes during that time i had to stop everything and really start all over again health wise... but im now working and full of life!
I was in school at first, my teachers we're great gave me extentions etc with out them i dont think id have doen school... but i ended up teaching myself most of it at home from my bed, on the days when i could master sitting up.
One thing that i had to learn was to keep myself in a strict routine... have a bath at 7pm bed by 8pm in the morning get up slowly... wake up, sit up, move my joints in bed before getting out, get out, have a shower, GET DRESSED ( this helps your mind be more ready for the day and doesnt keep your mind thinking its just a lazy day around the house! ) i totaly turned off food but i made myself eat something each morning... its imprtant to eat a little light healthy snack even if you not hungery, fresh.. not lathargic foods liek pasta or potatoes etc...relax, sleep in periods of 30 mins.. maybe try hour then decress it over the month give your self 2 or more hours in between naps... its easy to slip into a drepressing mood when your not doing anything all day and feeling sorry for your self... but dont start taking anit depressants its the first thing docters will perscribe you. it just adds more hills in your path of recovery, you start realying on them and thinking about them more each day rather than getting better... It is good to find a small easy hobby something light hearted and not enegetic. Be positive, try and focus on wht you want to do when you get better not what you cant do becuase your i'll ... think of those things that you wouldnt nessacery have time to do each day when your working becuase of time/ day lightetc.. like looking at the shapes in the clouds, watching the sun set/rise, reading light hearted books/magasines .. not those harliquine novels or horror movies and books.. this gets your mind racing and you need to keep away from stress or over excessive thinking. apprecite life and the time you have on your hands.. yes not everyday is peachy but try to remine positive and not worry about work, adventully youll get back into it one day at a time, when YOU feel ready, not when a docter tells you you are or not... do over do it.. on days youll feel like you can conqure anything and youll go and have a great day but youll end up with the next week in bed! ... i thought i was doing fine onday so i went to my mums aqua class.... i ended up in bed for 4 days afterwards not even being able to move... so take it slow remeber your health is imortant theres not rush to life and plus you have peolple to do thing for you what else do we have friends for ???? One otherthing... I got picked on at school at first and by my close friends/family.. they just called me lazy all the time and were mean becuae i wouldnt hang out with them or i had to go home early becuase i was so tired... ignore them! oneday they'll understand, its not worth the stress to worry over them its only adds more hills. so dont worry, work will come with each step.. you job is now to get better and keep positive! think of it as a carrer detor for the time being youll be back in the swing of things in no time!

Closed Thread