It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 11:49 PM   #1
(female)

byHizgrc HB User
Question CFS w/ SLE & FMS

I have SLE & FMS w/ EXTREME fatigue/exhaustion. Does this automatically mean I have CFS? I don't recall my rheumy ever giving a CFS dx, but I'm pretty sure I have it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
(female)

lightnerbride HB User
Re: CFS w/ SLE & FMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHizgrc View Post
I have SLE & FMS w/ EXTREME fatigue/exhaustion. Does this automatically mean I have CFS? I don't recall my rheumy ever giving a CFS dx, but I'm pretty sure I have it.
I'm not sure what SLE is but with FM comes fatigue too so it doesn't mean you have CFS too but the likelyhood is that if you have post activity fatigue along extreme fatigue and unrefreshing sleep that you've got it too. A lot of doctors try to avoid making the CFS diagnosis but if you fit the criteria for it make sure to push for the diagnosis in case you become unable to work in the future and neeed disability. Social Security actually pays out better for CFS than FM from what I hear anyway.
Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 11:53 PM   #3
(female)

byHizgrc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightnerbride View Post
I'm not sure what SLE is but with FM comes fatigue too so it doesn't mean you have CFS too but the likelyhood is that if you have post activity fatigue along extreme fatigue and unrefreshing sleep that you've got it too. A lot of doctors try to avoid making the CFS diagnosis but if you fit the criteria for it make sure to push for the diagnosis in case you become unable to work in the future and neeed disability. Social Security actually pays out better for CFS than FM from what I hear anyway.
Good Luck
Sorry. SLE is lupus.

Yes, I have ALL that - SEVERELY - and then some.

I've been thinking of talking to my rheumy about that dx, but she already treats me like a nut. This is very frustrating since she's the very one that dx me w/ SLE, FMS, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, arthritis...

I've been trying to get SSI Disability for about 5 or 6 years to no avail. I'm not giving up though.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #4
(female)

lightnerbride HB User

It's too bad your doctor is so unsupportive of you, esp. since they were the one who dx'd you. I hope things start going better for you!

Old 06-04-2007, 02:50 AM   #5
(female)

byHizgrc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightnerbride View Post
It's too bad your doctor is so unsupportive of you, esp. since they were the one who dx'd you. I hope things start going better for you!
Thanks! It's nice to find people like you that are supportive. It's one of the few things that helps keep me sane through all this.

Closed Thread