It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 AM   #1
(female)

looie HB User
Thumbs down Doctors Visit regarding problem with frequent urination

Hello All
I have previously posted on these boards regarding a problem I have with the need to urinate frequently.
Everyday I pass large amounts of urine. Sometimes I can go to the toilet around 12 times a day! It is definetly not a pshychological problem as each time I have the urge to go I pass a full amount of urine. Today I visited my GP regarding this problem, I took along a urine sample for testing. The GP tested the sample twice there and then and couldn't find any problems. To be extra safe he has requested that i do another sample to be sent off to the lab for testing.
My problem began since falling ill to what is suspected to be CFS. I am currently in the process of being diagnosed with the condition. My GP thinks it is highly likely that CFS is the illness causing me to feel very unwell.
I did ask my GP whether the frequent urination problem I have could be related somewhat to the suspected CFS. My GP has assured me he does not think that is the case! I am unsure whether to believe his response as I have never had this problem before, only since falling unwell. A member on these healthboards did mention to me about imbalances of electrolytes that can cause people to frequently need to urinate. I mentioned this also to my GP who checked through my notes and confirmed that those blood tests had all be carried out and were negative.
I will now wait for the results that are being sent to the lab for testing. Although my GP thought it is unlikely for anything abnormal to show in the sample.
I am wondering where to go next if this is infact the case. I have been going back and forth to my GP for months about this problem and nothing seems to be getting done about it.
This situation is beginning to become a nightmare as I have to limit myself to the certain places I can go as I always need to have a toilet available! Sometimes I am having to pass urine every 30mins sometimes even less than that!
I would like to hear from anyone who has been through or is going through a similar situation to my own.
I am not sure I would need to see a urologist as I am not experiencing any pain or burning etc. My problem is literally the need to constantly pass urine.
I have been told that endocrinologists usually deal with problems such as this. If any of you have any advice it would be very much appreciated! I am beginning to think I am going crazy!
Thanks all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread