It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User
Neurological symptoms and CFS

Hi,

This is my first time posting on this board, and I hope you can help me.

Since last year, I've had a lot of unusual symptoms that my doctors first thought were caused from multiple sclerosis. However, my MRIs, lumbar punctures, blood tests, nerve conduction studies, EMGs, etc. are all normal, for the most part.

My main symptom that is causing me the most problems is extreme fatigue. Often it is so severe that just moving is exhausting. Resting does not seem to make any difference at all. The fatigue is almost constant - I might have a few hours where I feel "normal", but then the fatigue will return.

Other symptoms include numbness and tingling in various parts of my body, muscle spasms/stiffness in my legs, shooting nerve pains in my extremities, weakness in my left leg, heat intolerance, dizziness, nausea, tinnitus in my left ear, cognitive problems, bowel and bladder problems, slurred speech, buzzing sensations in my arms and legs, tremors, etc.

My reflexes in my left leg are abnormal on my neuro exams. I have hyperactive knee reflexes and a present Babinski reflex in my left foot. I also had an abnormal Somatosensory Evoked Potential test on my left leg that showed a delayed signal somewhere in my spinal cord or brain.

I'm grasping at straws here because I can't seem to get any conclusive answers as to what might be causing my problems, and they're just getting worse and worse. I'm scheduled to see a Rheumatologist/Immunologist and an Endocrinologist at Vanderbilt in Nashville next month.

Could CFS cause any of these symptoms and/or reflex problems in my leg and foot?

Thanks and hugs,

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 05:09 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User
Re: Neurological symptoms and CFS

CFS can cause most anything! But it is good that you are seeing a Rheumatologist to make sure nothing else is going on.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
(female)

mcg968 HB User

Have you been tested for human parvo virus or epstein barr? If not, I would definitely get checkd for them- especially human parvo

Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User

I would suggest that you go on the Lyme Disease board and look at the symptoms of LD. As I was reading your symptoms I noticed that all of your symptoms fit LD. You can ask people questions on that board that can help you decide if you want to pursue testing for LD. There is also a list of LYme Literate MD's on the board. I would not recommend being tested by any other type of doc. Your blood testes for LD should be tested only by Igenex Labs in Palo Alto, CA. All other Lyme test are severely inaccurate and most docs don't know how to properly interpret them. Good Luck and I hope that you can find what is wrong with you, I spent 8 years and thousands of dollars searching for a diag. so I know how frustrating it can be. God Bless

Closed Thread