It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

oakie1959us HB User
Red face so much pain, please help

I have been in chronic pain for about a year and a half. I hurt all over, I have severe pain in my hips and back. I can't stand for very long before the pain in my lower back is killing me. When I get up in the morning I can't hardly move, I just hurt all over. I don't sleep well because of the pain. I have put on about 30 pounds. If i rub my legs they hurt, muscles through out my body hurt. I am always tired and never have any energy. Please help!!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 06:44 AM   #2
(male)

yorksguy61 HB User
Lightbulb Re: so much pain, please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakie1959us View Post
I have been in chronic pain for about a year and a half. I hurt all over, I have severe pain in my hips and back. I can't stand for very long before the pain in my lower back is killing me. When I get up in the morning I can't hardly move, I just hurt all over. I don't sleep well because of the pain. I have put on about 30 pounds. If i rub my legs they hurt, muscles through out my body hurt. I am always tired and never have any energy. Please help!!!!
Hi , i suffer from Fibromyalgia and it sounds to me like you have the same symptoms. Does the pain flit from one part of the body to another? i found that my right knee was the start point, then my hips, lower back and shoulders. Then my muscles started hurting and i sometimes felt as if my thigh was on fire and could hardly bare to touch it. On top of that i couldnt sleep which of course made the symptoms worse. I also gained about 30lbs !! I am now taking amitriptyline to help me sleep, and on methotrexate injections for the fibro.
Hope some of this helps.
Dont give up , make a nuisance of yourself and demand some answers. It works

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 03:44 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User
Re: so much pain, please help

This does sound like Fibromyalgia, which is a disorder of the immune system, so you might want to do some research to see how to best address that. If you want to try something natural for the pain, Bromalain and Tumeric are two possibilities.

You might also check out the Fibromyalgia board here.

All the best!

Last edited by music12; 04-18-2007 at 03:45 AM.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #4
(female)

Olivette HB User

Agree fibro is one of the things that can cause aching all over, but there are many others. Parathyroid disease can also cause this. Be sure to check your calcium levels.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #5
(male)

parisean HB User

Okie,
You may have fibro or other condition, I don't know. What I can tell you, is that I hurt all over when I don't take enough calcium/magnesium. My body feels like a pressure sore where ever it is touching something. My muscles ache, feel shaky and are hard to move. Feels like I ran around the block. My joints also hurt. Try a good cal/mag suppliment at 1500mg per day (Standard dose) and see if that helps.

If you have low calcium level, you may also be experiencing severe depression or suicidal depression. I did.

Calcium is extremely important in neuro transmitter release, muscle function, strength and energy. Magnesium is good calming for the nerves. And they work best together.

If you do have fibro, you need to stretch the muscles to start releaving the pain. Dealing with pain causes a fatigue of its own.

I hope you find an answer soon!

One painful person to another,
Paris

Closed Thread