It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
(male)

spacepirate HB User
Cool new to the group

Greeting everyone!

So I'm sitting here at my desk and I'm just heh (I love that smiley)

My medical history:

2000 diagnosed with sarcoma in leg. took chemo/rads/operation
2001 finish with treatment and was doing awesome!
2003 developed fatigue..

I thought my cancer came back.. but after test after test.. ebv was the only thing I have. I used to jog 3 miles a day, lift weights.. everything.. then suddenly I was just stopped. My hair even fell out in clumps (now have to keep it short)

symptoms that I have from ebv: (other than the ebv fatigue)

heartburn.. horrible hellacious heartburn
migraines
lost hair (baldness is not in my family)
anxiety (lights, driving sets this off)
panic attacks

I've just finished seeing a new doc, and took another physical. Again.. nothing else is wrong with me. It's hard to tell people about this disease because I do look healthy.. and in fact some days are good and I can do physical work. Now after several years I can workout or do physical things but I will need a nap afterwards. This weekend I hauled 10 40lb bags of dirt in the backyard, last night I mowed and washed the car without a break.. etc.

Currently I am taking nexium for heartburn and lexapro 10mg. Lexapro REALLY helps me with ebv especially the anxiety. Now I am no longer shaky. I will take vitamins every so often. Today I took a co q10 50mg and got VERY tired suddenly. (anyone else notice this?) I generally eat very well.. fish for dinner at least 3 times a night and all my veggies.

It's hard to explain to people the fatigue you feel with ebv. It's not a 'i've been working out' tired. Its just, you have no energy to move a muscle. Like you have no blood.

relationships
------------
I've been married since 2000. My poor wife has had to put up with cancer and ebv. She developed ebv at one point when I was doing badly, but she got over it and it wasn't chronic. It's very hard though because I HAVE to get more sleep than her.

family ties
----------
My father, uncle, aunt, grandfather all are longterm ebv sufferers. Even after 20+ years they have their ups and downs. Dad got ebv almost at exactly the SAME time in his life that I did. One upside from this is that they all relate and sympathize.

Currently I am 27 and I feel 45. I want my life back!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
(female)

tawnyjade HB User
Re: new to the group

Welcome!
I'm sure you'll find the great folks here a wealth of info. By the way, thanks for sharing what helps you!

Tawqny

Closed Thread