HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Chronic Fatigue (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   sinatra protocol/ Dr Mayhill (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/chronic-fatigue/503770-sinatra-protocol-dr-mayhill.html)

tilia 05-30-2007 08:20 PM

sinatra protocol/ Dr Mayhill

Hey All----

Have had CFS for five years. I am a lot better than when I first started out. Recently I started the Siantra protocol. Had pretty much given up on "protocols" doing anything more than making me a little more comfortable, but I tried the Sinatra Protocol and really had some amazing responses. I am back at the gym and able to weight train for an hour, three times a week.

Which coming from where I used to be, unable to even fold my clothes or walk up a flight of stairs is amazing.

So...... I am hoping I am on the right track and wonder if anyone else has tried this as well?

Thanks Connie

Maenad 05-31-2007 08:48 AM

Re: sinatra protocol/ Dr Mayhill

Hi - I've started a similar thread, as I'm following a similar treatment offered by Dr Myhill. I'm also getting good results. I'd be interested to hear what you're treatment entails, how much you 'stick' to it, how symptoms have improved etc.

tilia 05-31-2007 05:39 PM

Maenad-

I am a stickler for details and followed the Sinatra Protocol "cocktail" to the T.
I have had great results. To the point that I can go to the gym 2-3 times per week and work out for an hour on the machines. Nothing aerobic though- I just cant do that type of thing yet. But I can/am rebuilding my muscle mass.

I am totally thrilled with the response my body has had.

My white candida tongue? Gone. Which surprises me considering the sugar intake with the protocol, so maybe the body utilizes it differently.

I planted 400 trees with my sister in the first week I used it. I took breaks and took the D ribose throughout the day. Each time I take it I eat a carb along with it- gluten free bread etc... otherwise I get diarrhea and dizzy, fyi.

I sleep through the night, dont have to get up repeatedly to pee. As a matter of fact one of the weird things I have noticed is a dramatic increase in thirst. I drink water a lot now. I mean a LOT more water.

And I am losing some of the weight I have put on in the last 5 yrs while being sick with the CFS.

However I have also relapsed once this last month for 5 days. I went along with it, but I was in bed for 18 hours one day. Just totalled out. Im thinking that I probably over did things....duh. ANd since then I have scaled back again to less exertion and remembering to listen to my body. My thighs start aching terribly when I need to stop. They are my "canary".

I know three other people with CFS o the protocol, who are having mixed results. All have been helped, but to varying degrees. I am definately the only one who is "thriving" due to it. But will invite them here if it means we can have some serious dialogue about how to improve the cocktail even more.

I know there have been other improvements, but Im a little pooped right now and cant remember all the changes I have felt. Mostly I wanted to make contact with others on the protocol and see how they have been doing as well.

Good to meet you finally- Connie

[QUOTE=Maenad;3015958]Hi - I've started a similar thread, as I'm following a similar treatment offered by Dr Myhill. I'm also getting good results. I'd be interested to hear what you're treatment entails, how much you 'stick' to it, how symptoms have improved etc.[/QUOTE]

Maenad 06-01-2007 02:23 AM

that's great news - and I'm more than familiar with the overdoing-it-at-first-sign-of-health etc. Would you mind listing exactly what you take, the amounts, timings, combinations etc.? If you like I'll do the same - also, sounds like you're gluten/wheat free - again, I'd be interested to hear if this is part of your treatment.

tilia 06-01-2007 10:29 PM

Hi- Id be happy to give you any info ad share info. Let me know if there is something missing. I saw that you take the Dribose more times than three a day? Oi... I dont know if I could remember that!

Connie

Good grief- my files are corrupted. My Dr info list ( everytihng I take and have done) is corrupted. I will have to deal with that later.

I am gluten free (Barley, rye, oats, wheat)
Casien & lactose intolerant, so no dairy at all.
Multiple allergies now (inhaled, food and contact) which I take immunotherapy shots for weekly.
Cross reactive allergies as well.
I take 17 grams DRibose (3 doses per day of 6 grams with a carb food) I rest 1/2 hour when I take it before going back out to work.
Slo-Mag morning and at night (256 mgs mag/636mgs calcium/chloride 900mg)
Niacinimide 500 mgs
CoQ10 400 mgs

I take the following suppliments
multi, b complex, c, omega 3, E, ginko, lutien, others...

I kept to Teitelbaums protocol as I dealt with the illness. It didnt do much, but it did no harm either.

The Sinatra protocl has
stopped my heart palpitations which could keep my up all night.
I no longer crackle after a nap.
I sleep deeper and more restfully
I have sustained energy periods of about 3 hours
I also have had periods of NO dyslexia. But I dont know if this is atributable to the SP or not.

You???

QUOTE=Maenad;3017634]that's great news - and I'm more than familiar with the overdoing-it-at-first-sign-of-health etc. Would you mind listing exactly what you take, the amounts, timings, combinations etc.? If you like I'll do the same - also, sounds like you're gluten/wheat free - again, I'd be interested to hear if this is part of your treatment.[/QUOTE]