It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 04:34 AM   #1
(female)

tigerlily77 HB User
CFS - the yeast connection

Hi

I recently heard a theory that CFS might be linked to excess yeast production in sufferers. Has anyone tried a sugar and alcohol-free diet to try and address CFS, and if so, was it any use?

Thanks.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:31 AM   #2
(female)

desperate1 HB User
Re: CFS - the yeast connection

Hi there! I was just diagnosed with CFS and Fibro this week but have been dealing with symptoms for about 4 years or so. About two years ago I tried cutting sugar and alcohol out of my diet but I didn't find it lessened my symptoms. In fact, midway through I got worse, which was probably just a coincidence. I've also been on diflucan (a prescription for yeast), but nothing helps my fatigue and weakness. It's possible the diet has worked for some though, and I"ll be interested to see other responses!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Nixi HB User

Hi,
I've recently been diagnosed with FMS and CFS but I've had problems for years. I went on a yeast free diet(I didn't go off sugar, but everything that had yeast extract in, plums, cheese etc) in about 2000, and I have to say amazingly it worked! I stopped falling asleep all the time and my stomach pains went (I also had IBS) I am still on a yeast free diet although admittedly not as strict as I was (which maybe why my symptoms have got worse recently) I can tell the difference on the odd occasion I treat myself to a bit of pizza.

So yes, I would say there is something in the yeast free diet. I also have a colleague who has fibro and is on a low sugar, low carb diet and she says the results are amazing.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do. I think even if you give it a go for just a few weeks it's worth a try. Maybe it'll work for you, maybe it won't. You've got nothing to loose.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
(female)

tilia HB User

I went on a 40 day ZERO carb diet, along with diflucan and nystatin daily for the duration. One is for systemic candida and one is for intestinal and oral. I prayed that what I had was "just" candidiasis. But once it was cleared up and Id lost 20 lbs and smelled awful (take chlorophyll for the meat stink that permeates your body) I still had CFS. ta da.

Anyway- it did help in breathing, your sinuses are prone to candida. And I slept deeper- which I suppose is from being able to breathe so much easier. I do think it is important to not eat sugar and refined carbs and foods which do you no good anyway. Anything that takes any amount of stress off your immune system is worth doing.

Tilia

Closed Thread