It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
(male)

luciansava HB User
Question Very TIRED after eating FAT!

Hello,

My name is Lucian and I am from Romania, Europe.

A few months ago I wanted to start adding to my food some olive oil, because I read it was good for health. I started to add only 2-3 teaspoons a day, no more than that. After a few days I became very tired, I also couldn't think good, my brain was very very slow in thinking. I eliminated the olive oil from my diet and everything was back to normal, after a few days. That was about 6 months ago.

Since then, the symptoms have worsen drastically.

Now I am no longer eating any kind of cheese, eggs or meat (even low-fat fish) and all the other foods that have ANY bit of fat in them. When I eat meat (like 100 gr of fish), the next day I feel very tired and unable to do my daily activities (my brain is very slow, I feel this is by far the most debilitating thing for me!). Because I've been only eating vegtables and fruits for the past 2 months I have became very thin and weak.

I sleep well, 7-8h a night, I exercise weekly, walk daily, have no other major problems. Years ago I had some stress problems but I no longer have any of the symptoms I had then. I feel good otherwise.

Have any of you have such problems? Do you have any advice for me, please?
I'd appreciate if you could share with me any king of thought you have about this.

I went to see 2 doctors but nothing good came out, I'm still searching for a cure or at least discover what's the problem.

Thank you,
Lucian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
(female)

diddy_di HB User
Re: Very TIRED after eating FAT!

hi lucian.i found your post very interesting as i've had a similar problem.When was working i ate next to nothing for lunch because i just wanted to sleep afterwards and not move basically.The same thing started to happen at afavourte restaurant and i thought it was something 'in' the food so stopped going.What i think the problem might be as time has gone on is what i call the 'christmas dinner syndrome'.Whenever i've had a proper cooked meal as oppose to a sandwich etc my body can't seem to cope with doing anything and digesting the meal at the same time,so i have to rest until its settled.Does anybody else find this? might not be the same for you but hope its helped.

Closed Thread