It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Nixi HB User
Does sound affect anyone?

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same as me with regards to sound...

Sometimes I cannot cope with just two people talking, or music on because it makes my muscles 'go'- they go incredibly weak and floppy so I can't move. Stress- no matter how small has the same affect!!! I had a phone call yesterday from someone who was very upset and shouting. Even though her stress was not directed at me, I could not cope with the situation. My muscles went, I couldn't stand or think and respond properly. After the phone call I ended up literally lying on the floor because my muscles had completely gone. I couldn't even sit. It took me a good half hour before I was able to get up to lie on the settee and rest!

Does anyone else experience this? Is this the Chronic Fatigue? ANy advice would be appreciated as my sick leave runs out soon and I'll have to go back to work (I've been off since Jan07). I'm really worried that if I can't even cope with a conversation how on earth will I cope with work??

Thanks for listening

Yours desperately

Old 06-13-2007, 03:27 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User
Re: Does sound affect anyone?

Yes, I experience sound intolerance as do many others I know. This, is also a symptom of Lyme (if you read the other thread on Lyme here)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread