It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #1
(male)

FEELBAD62 HB User
What next....

Well I was putting all my eggs in one basket and thinking that my problem was the low testosterone that was making me feel so bad. Thought that once I started the tx for that I would be back to normal. Been on replacement for 2 months now. Guess it is the Chronic Fatigue that is making me feel so bad. I read that taking weekly injections of B12 will help. I go to the doctor next week and will ask him about this along with the possiblity of taking Cortef (for my adrenal fatigue) and Armour for possible thyroid problems. I have maybe one good day a week where I feel "normal". My main problem is the fatigue and the "brain fog". I was reading the thread on the antivirals. Maybe need to get the doc to test for that???? It does help to find people who share the same problems and to be able to vent. thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #2
(female)

diddy_di HB User
Re: What next....

yeah its a bummer when you hope something is going to work for you and then nothing!i think one of the most important things to learn is to be happy with the smallest of improvements and if you progress more then thats a bonus.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
(male)

AlwaysTired247 HB User

What's up!

Yup. I thought the same thing. I drive AndroGel (Expensive) for over 6 weeks, as well as Cortef and Amrmour for 2 months. I was up to 30mgs of Cortef and 3 grains of Amrmour. I felt NOTHING with either of the three meds. I also tired provigil, accupuncture, TONS of natural remedies...bla bla bla... I've tired a lot and nothing works. I'm really hoping the anti-virals I'm on work.

I think you need to be tested for EBV/CMV, as well as HHV6.

It sounds like you have a good doc willing to try different things.

What you need to do, is be your own doctor. Think to yourself : "When did this start"? Where was I? Was I doing something? Was I sick at the time?

There are a LOT of factors that lead to CFS. Be your own doctor and be proactive in finding your way back to health.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
(male)

FEELBAD62 HB User

thanks man. I am trying to be proactive. Read Tittlebaum's book and was enlightend by it. I noticed you lift weights at the gym. I did too, but not able to now. Did the B12 injections help you any?

Old 06-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
(male)

AlwaysTired247 HB User

God do I miss the gym. It was a lifestyle that I fell inlove with. If I wasn't lifing, I was running, or boxing, or practicing some type of martial art.

I miss it... every day. I feel like I'm a prisoner of this fatigue.

I haven't tried the b12 injections yet. I found that my EBV titers for IgG were really high, so I went the anti-viral route. I can't imagine B12 injections helping that much unless you're really low. I have a friend I meet online who too has CFS. He tried the B12 injections and found nothing with them.

It's hard to say from person to person. I think at this point, I'll try anything.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #6
(male)

FEELBAD62 HB User

when I was at the doctor last month, I asked for a B 12 injection. felt great for about 5 days then crashed. So hoping maybe taking these every few days will help with my fatigue. Did you have any problems with the brain fog? That to me is the worst part of it. I miss working out too and feel so useless and lazy now. Don't want to do anything but lay around. Are you still working? I am trying too, but it very hard to do. Finding it hard to concentrate on work. I know people at work wonder what in the world is wrong with me. I used to be always up talking to people. Now i stay in my cubicle and only come out to go to the bathroom. Pretty sad state.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #7
(male)

AlwaysTired247 HB User

Yup. Still working, 40-45 hours a week. It's hard, don't get me wrong. But.. I can sit all day long and do everything from my desk. I too feel very lazy.

The hard part for me is cleaning my house, or doing yard work. I use to be able to come home from working a 9 hour day, do some yard work, then lift weights, then still have energy to take my wife out.... not anymore. If I do yard work, it's stickly on the weekend, and I have to work my way up to it. It sucks!

Old 06-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #8
(male)

FEELBAD62 HB User

You sound like me; it does suck. I was the same way. How old are you; I'm 44 and feel 84!

Old 06-19-2007, 04:53 AM   #9
(male)

AlwaysTired247 HB User

I'm turning 25 next week. Been like this since I was 23.

I too feel like I'm 75-80. My Grandmother has more energy then me. She was asking me why I'm always laying around and not up and out on sunny days. Ofcourse, then they drop the "D" word.... Depressed

Old 06-19-2007, 07:09 AM   #10
(male)

FEELBAD62 HB User

Hey Alwaystired, have you ever had any problems with depression? I had the bout with terrible anxiety after I got this virus in 2005 that caused incredible pain for about a year. It was like an intense burning of the skin feeling. Really about drove me crazy. It thank goodness has gone, but has left me feeling totally wiped out and flu like. Don't have dep/anxiety any more, but people think that's what's wrong with me.

Closed Thread