It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

sleepyme HB User
Newbie Here

Hello all - so glad to have found this place...I am hoping the support here will help me. My story is pretty long and complicated, so I'll try to cut right to the chase. I have now been considered disabled for the past four years, although my problems started way before that. It's just the past four years, well let's just say that I really crashed and burned! Major depression and anxiety among other things. Now since this past Jan., well things have become even worse. Let's just say I basically do NOTHING and am still always exhausted!! After getting sick of doctors always telling me that my tests showed nothing and that I was OK (don't you just love that? ), I basically put my trust in a naturopath doctor that I have actually known for years. I believe him to be very advanced and he gets to the root of the problem and looks at the whole picture (as I have many issues) and not just putting a band-aid on the issues (like many docs do with meds - which always seem to backfire on me). BUT this healing and rebuilding seems to take a LONG time - there have been many times that I wonder if I'll make it through. My Mom has basically moved in with me to help out and is a HUGE supporter for me (thank goodness!). My father, on the other hand, is not a huge believer in "natural" or "alternative" ways. His answer is MD's and meds. So, to please him, I am going to see yet another doctor to have more tests done - even though I am sure they too will show nothing. I guess I'll read through the posts here to maybe suggest to the MD what tests I would like run, but are there any docs that are better equipped to handle these more mysterious cases? I have also been disgnosed with severe hypoglycemia, for those of you that may not be aware - this too has similar symptoms as CFS, as many other things do too - hence the frustration!!

And not sure if there is a thread regarding this...but I am extremely stressed about my finances. Any suggestions on what others do with CFS to make some money?? It's so difficult to have energy and clarity for me to even go through these boards - but I would REALY appreciate any input on what others do. I feel as if I am depleting my parent's money and the guilt just about kills me.

I hope my first thread wasn't too long - I just have so much frustration and need to vent and find others in similar situations - hope I have found that here. Since being ill, I have just about lost all of my friends too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Newbie Here

Hi Sleepyme...cute name Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear the situation youi are in. I think with most chronic illnesses we all have lost some friends and family along the way...that really hurts...

I know you read the other post about reading up on certain conditions and diseases. When people are in this type of situation you really have to be helping the doctors figure it out. And what test to run...Please know that you are not alone in going through these things...

What other symptoms do you have other than being really really tired? Pains, aches, fevers, blurry vision, loss of use of your legs or arms? ect..ect...

I am curious to hear more of your story. When did you become ill? What type of testing have you had done?

You can vent and scream and cry hear on these borards...stick around maybe you will find some ansswers that will help you....

Stay Strong and keep fighting....

Closed Thread