It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

Paula79 HB User
Question Anyone know what is considered high for Chronic Fatigue?

Hi,

I know my level for EB is 4.5 or 4.7, but what is the highest number it can go????

Thanks

Old 07-14-2007, 05:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
Re: Anyone know what is considered high for Chronic Fatigue?

Hi,I may be wrong but there are 3 seperate test involved when you are checked for EBV and sometimes hard to interpretate your self. There are the IGM,IGG and the IGG -na antibodies they look at and all three must be out of range or "high" to determine if the patient has active mono "ebv" or just showing a past infection ,so one number out of range means nothing without the other 2, here are my results as well as the labs note: IGM .17 normal , IGG 6.67 high and IGG-NA 4.73 high. "The report reads: suggestive of a past ebv infection." 90% of us have had ebv and carry the antibodies in our blood and they will remain for the rest of our life and will show up on lab work where we had it as a child or even passed from our mothers at birth as a passive transfer.I kinda went around your question but hope this helps some

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 09:08 PM   #3
(female)

Holly_WA HB User

What does it mean if the "past" infection numbers go up and the other numbers are non-existent?

My 12y has CFS and the very first EBV draw was for past infection and it was 105. We did not know about CFS at that point. She got over this "virus" within 1 month. 7 mo later was the big virus. Her levels then were over 2000. Since then--she's had many draws and they told us she does not have the active virus. But why did her levels go up then?

It's been 10 months and she is back to "normal" with her life--even though she did gain 25 lbs those first 4 months of sleeping!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

Hi, it is very possible the virus has been dormant and pops up at times when your childs immune system is stressed due to a cold,flu ect.. and remember "false negative" results are more common in children than adults,that may be why the numbers went up so high and it's great your doctor has retested,most doctors will diagnose the patient with cfs if the ebv symptoms last for more than six months.If it's been 10 months and all is normal I would not worry because it's probley run it's course and is over, to bad there is no magic pill for ebv seeing it is the most common virus almost everyone gets.There is some great info provided by the CDC on chronic fatigue syndrome and it's relationship with ebv that's worth looking into.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:20 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi, read through Dr. Martin Lerner's studies and protocols...

Seems as though even if the test shows past infections ...A person can still be having problems with the virus's.

My doctor is treating me...And mine are HIGH levels ..past infections.

A person cannot solely go by test!

Last edited by jojo; 07-16-2007 at 06:22 AM.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

p.s. EBV and CMV are in the herpe family. They lay dormaint in your body. So depending on each person's immune system they either stay dormaint or you will have flare ups...So when you get tested if you are showing past infection just means at that moment you aren't having a flare up. Hope that makes sense....

Getting on an antiviral such as Valtrex or Valcyte "might" possibly help.

Good Luck

Old 07-16-2007, 06:59 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

Hi, you mentioned your doctor is treating you for it, what type of treatment is he providing?Mine recommended increased water intake, rest, multi-vitamins and eating better "fruits veggies ect..." I agree with what you are saying, mine pops up when my system is at it's lowest especially during a cold,virus or exertion.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:12 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Hyper...my doctor is a Fibro/CF doc. He was treting me with Valtrex 2,000 mg a day...According to Dr. Lerner's protocol he treats 4,000 a day. I asked my doc to switch me over to Valcyte for a while. He agreed and I am doing 900 a day on this.

You might want to read over the post on here dealing with Anitivirals. Just rest and vitamins aren't going to put someone's flare ups back into remission. Or we wouldn't be here...

I would find another doctor if your is not willing to explore different options...

Good Luck!!

Old 07-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
(female)

Holly_WA HB User

It must be really easy to dx adults. We went thru months at a Childrens hospital and still never got a "real" dx. She got tested for everything and it all came back normal. In those first 4 months--she was so sick! Pale, blood pressure drops, dizzy, totally in bed for months. Leg/joint pain. She lost the ability to walk and had physical therapy for months--after she was able to get out of bed.
Of course she was blamed of having depression. Thank goodness our family psych knows her well! Teh worst part of it all for her was the severe headaches. Hearing sensitivity. Was put on Amitriptline by a neuro.
Thank goodness those months are behind us!!!
She had to drop out of school after 3 weeks of starting middle school. Lots of catching up to do next year!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Holly sorry to hear about your daughter..happy to hear she is doing better.

I have found as many people all over these boards from fibro, Lyme, ect...that test are NOT accurate...and it takes a GOOD doctor to look at clinical symptoms to figure out what is going on with their patients.

If you had told me she wasn't getting better I would suggest Lyme Disease....and still could be a possiblity..The test for LYME is really not good..I went through what your daughter went through..not waling ect..

But when you are dealing with bacteria (s) and or virus's and you read up on the symptoms alot of them sound the same. So it is weeding each one out...Or getting treated for each one.

What did they treat your daughter with? Antibiotics? Antivirals?

Hope she continues to get healthier...

Closed Thread