It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 05:10 AM   #1
(male)

tom66 HB User
Kidney pains on Sinatra/Myhill protocol??

Hi there

just wanted to know if any of you have experienced problems with taking this group of supplements (the suggested dosages from Dr Myhill are Co Q10 300-360mg, L-Carnitine 2000-3000mg, D-Ribose up to15mg, Magnesium 400-800mg and B3 niacinamide 500mg). I also take Reduced Glutathione 250mg and Supeoxide Dismutase. I started at about a third of these dosages just to be cautious and built up to a half after two weeks but then had to give up completely just as I was starting to see some improvements because both kidneys started aching really badly . With a bit of detective work ruling things in and out it seems some of the supplements had highish doses of Calcium mixed in with them and I'd been taking about 400-500mg a day without really wanting to, I thought this might have been responsible (?calcium crystals annoying kidneys as well as raising BP causing headaches and bloodshot eyes), but I'm a bit more puzzled now! Incidentally a urine multistick test showed no problems with Glucose, Ketones,specific Gravity, Blood, PH, Protein, nitrites and leucocytes). So I decided to take 2 weeks off to give my kidneys a rest, sure enough they stopped being painful so I restarted the supplements again (this time making sure I had supplements that didn't contain any extra calcium), unfortunately after only 3 days and hardly any improvement, the Kidney pains are back . I could really do without kidney problems on top of pretty bad M.E. (dialisis and M.E. not worth thinking about!) for the last 13 years so it's all a bit scary, but I do have belief that the Sinatra protocol will work if I can ever get on with it. Maybe my kidneys need a longer rest? I'd love to hear what your experiences with the Sinatra protocol have been, positive or negative (though I'd obviously rather hear the positive ) especially if you've had kidney pains like myself. Thanks everyone.

Good luck to all you M.E.'ers and CFIDS'ers out there, I know life can be grim at times.

LT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
(female)

Maenad HB User
Re: Kidney pains on Sinatra/Myhill protocol??

Hi Tom66 - I just noticed that you're in Oxford and on the Myhill protocol and wanted to say Hi -me too!! I've started a thread on mitochondrial dysfunction, following tests and treatment with Myhill. I'm away from Oxford for now, but will be back mid august if you'd like to meet up and swap treatment stories/strategies. Hope all is well, Maenad

Old 07-30-2007, 05:54 AM   #3
(male)

tom66 HB User

Funnily enough it was your post on Mitochondrial disfunction that brought me to this site via a search engine, I've read your posts and am very pleased that things seem to be going in the right direction for you. I just need to make my kidneys (and the rest of me a bit happier) and I'd be happy to meet up some time. Did you ever get your mitochondrial function retested to see if the results were any better? Hope you're having fun, take care LT

Old 08-03-2007, 05:03 AM   #4
(male)

tom66 HB User

By the way I suggest you get in touch with the local M.E. support group (Oxfordshire M.E. group for Action -OMEGA), just type Oxfordshire M.E. group into a search engine to get their details

Closed Thread