It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 06:30 AM   #1
(male)

AlwaysTired247 HB User
Activene

Has anyone tired this before?

Seems pretty interesting. The study was approved by the FDA and developed by a doctor who works for NIH. Apparently the test was done @ University of Maryland too.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-09-2007 at 07:20 AM. Reason: product names are allowed - the website is not!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 07:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Activene

[COLOR="Purple"][B]Hi A.T.!

Hadn't heard of it until your post. Read up on it. Sounds like it is worth trying. Are you going to try it?? Says you can take with other med's.

Are you still taking Valtrex? How are things going with you? Any change?

have a good day...

LOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

Wow, I haven't heard of this until just now. Looks rather interesting actually. I'll check it out, thank you!

Old 08-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #4
(female)

desperate1 HB User

You know, I hope this doesn't sound too negative, but why is there always a catch 22 with this CFS?
This stuff sounds great, but I my fatigue and other symptoms are so severe, I've barely worked in a year. So I can keep paying $10 a month for a prescription for generic Adderall, or I can pay $60 a month for unprescribed Activene, try it for a few months (it says you have to give it at least 4 weeks) and then if it doesn't work I'm out a bunch of $ and still at square one. Do I take the risk and hope it works? Maybe it's just what I've been waiting for, but can I afford to give it a shot? It may not seem like a lot of money, but having been out of work so long and not seeing an ability to make a steady income in sight, this is a decision that will cause me stress. And we all know what stress can do.
Sorry, I'm normally very positive, and I realize this sounds more negative than I mean it to. It's not quite tongue in cheek, but it's also not as dire as it sounds. I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean though! If the doctor at NIH who discovered this really wanted to help people out, the price of this stuff wouldn't be so high!

Old 08-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperate1 View Post
You know, I hope this doesn't sound too negative, but why is there always a catch 22 with this CFS?
This stuff sounds great, but I my fatigue and other symptoms are so severe, I've barely worked in a year. So I can keep paying $10 a month for a prescription for generic Adderall, or I can pay $60 a month for unprescribed Activene, try it for a few months (it says you have to give it at least 4 weeks) and then if it doesn't work I'm out a bunch of $ and still at square one. Do I take the risk and hope it works? Maybe it's just what I've been waiting for, but can I afford to give it a shot? It may not seem like a lot of money, but having been out of work so long and not seeing an ability to make a steady income in sight, this is a decision that will cause me stress. And we all know what stress can do.
Sorry, I'm normally very positive, and I realize this sounds more negative than I mean it to. It's not quite tongue in cheek, but it's also not as dire as it sounds. I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean though! If the doctor at NIH who discovered this really wanted to help people out, the price of this stuff wouldn't be so high!
I think your skepticism is totally warranted in this situation and for ANY situation like it. Contrary to popular opinion, negativity is not always a bad thing...in fact, it's what saves us from the majority of the potential rip-offs out there and there are many.

I find this product interesting because it seems to be backed up by some kind of semi-reliable research, unlike most other products out there. Still the study populations are small and we don't know all the details of the study.

I have contacted the maker of this product to see if they will give me a copy of the studies in full and I will review them with a fine tooth comb. I'll post this information for all you.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #6
(male)

AlwaysTired247 HB User

Well, I'll let you all know. I'm going up there tomorrow to pick some up. They're about 30 minutes away from my house. Either that, or I'll just call the order in.

It's worth a shot.. to me.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #7
(male)

AlwaysTired247 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
[COLOR="Purple"][B]Hi A.T.!

Hadn't heard of it until your post. Read up on it. Sounds like it is worth trying. Are you going to try it?? Says you can take with other med's.

Are you still taking Valtrex? How are things going with you? Any change?

have a good day...

LOR]

Hey Jojo!

Yeah, nothing with the anti-virals. I'm hoping something will work. I'm not getting any worse... but it's just getting harder to live like this :-(

Old 08-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #8
(female)

desperate1 HB User

AlwaysTired,
I truly hope you have luck with this, and please keep us posted on your experience with it. I know exactly what you mean. Just when I think I've taken a step forward in terms of energy and cognitive improvement, it seems I go two steps back.
Good luck!!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi A.T. sorry your not feeling "any" better. But happy to hear you not WORSE I know it gets very frustraing looking for the right answers and solutions. TRUST me I know...20 some years of doctors screw ups...would of been soooooo flippin simple in the beginning ...ahhhh...anyway...

I think it is worth the drive if it is only 30 minuets and see if it does do anything. I really really hope it helps!!!

I forget how long you've been on the valtrex?? think if I remember right from what I read Dr. Lerner said to give it about 8 months...is that right?

When is the last time you have had your thyroid checked. And did you have the t-3 t-4 checked also? How about adrenals?
I would imagine your doctor is doing a blood panel on you watching your liver...right?

You still might concider doing the Igenex test if you aren't any better here in a couple of months. Or going to a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor...just to get it ruled in or out...

Hope you have a good week-end. Let us know how the majic potion works!

Hugs....

Old 08-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

Here's some good information for all of you. Turns out that Activene is actually the same or very near the same formulation as a product called Taurox SB (formerely known as COBAT). You may find this product cheaper under the Taurox brand, so it's worth shopping around for it.

The product has been around for a few years and it actually seems to be backed up by some significant, although limited, research.
They claim that 92% of those who used this product in their study received significant benefits, but the population size of this study was only 39 people, so I don't know just how meaningful that statistic is. Still, I think it warrants a look at knowing that the product is safe and virtually side effect free.

Last edited by CFD 333; 08-10-2007 at 03:39 PM.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:10 AM   #11
(female)

SheilafromJvlle HB User

Hi there, I'm new to this board and am interested about this Activene?? What is it? I'm on Valtrex now, but am still not convinved it's working.I'm giving it more time. How much do all of you out there take of the Valtrex? Reading all of your "issues" with chronic fatigue is depressing, but comforting. My story is no different...tried so many things, tired of this crap....I just wish desperately that I could find a Dr. that would some-what understand and listen to me. It seems like I even have to beg for sleep meds! That's the most depressing part to me. We're not alone, but it sure feels like it when your're out there fighting for your care and nobody is listening. I live in FL and if anyone knows of a Dr. that is half way decent, let me know.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:15 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good day A. T. !

I sure hope this works for you.

hugs..

Closed Thread