It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 05:28 AM   #1
(male)

tom66 HB User
Angry Re: Lightning Process unsuccessful experience

I can only voice my personal experiences of LP, but I am also in contact with another 5 M.E.'ers who have done LP and all have relapsed BADLY
I was walking wounded before I did the course (could walk about half an hour a day before getting too tired/painful, or drive a similar amount of time) and after two weeks of applying LP to the letter all I was doing was managing to do less and less every day yet still pushing myself on with the LP. It ended up with the biggest relapse I've had since becoming ill (13 years ago), I've now been housebound for about 5 months and in a hell of a lot of pain, experiencing many symptoms I thought I'd seen the back of. I urge anyone considering doing this to be extremely cautious, I wasn't, I believed it all and went flat out for success, I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole or recommend it to anyone I know. The claims made for it are all spurious, there is no proof it can reduce stress levels (adrenaline rushes) and even if there was proof some M.E.'ers have low cortisol/adrenal levels so you shouldn't treat everyone the same. The suggestion of improving Lymph flow or any use of osteopathy or hypnosis is hilarious, none of them feature, it basically IS positive thinking and visualisation. This may be fine for healthy people wanting to sort out their phobias and confidence issues which is what NLP was designed for (life coaching) but it is positively dangerous to use it's techniques where many physical tests (Adrenal function/R-naseL/mitochondrial efficiency and many others in my case) show that this issue is PHYSICAL in nature and you can't think your way out of it.
I lost a lot of money and what little health I had for believing some pseudo scientific nonsense designed to make money from the desperate. How handy that if it doesn't work then the blame can be passed on to you, if it's so simple (and it is) then no one should fail!? Of course the negative experiences will never appear on the testimonials page on the LP website, it hardly encourages further business. PLEASE BE CAREFUL, this technique DOES NOT work for everyone.
However I must say, if it worked for you then I'm really pleased that you're out of the hell that you were living before it but it's wrong to assume it works for everybody no matter what. Good luck to you all T66

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User
Re: Lightning Process unsuccessful experience

I'm really terribly sorry that you have gone through this. I have been HIGHLY suspicious of Phil Parker and his dubious therapy for a long time now.

Let this be a lesson to ALL CFS patients...if the therapy requires you to push yourself past the limitations that you know you have, DON'T DO IT or you could pay dearly for it.

Again, very sorry, and I hope that this message gets out to everyone.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:13 AM   #3
(female)

lucy.a HB User

Tom66, very sorry to hear this happened to you. I am a member of another m.e board and lightning process has weidled similar resulsts to others.

I'm sure watchdog could do with being alerted to these types of m.e cure therapies.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #4
(male)

tom66 HB User

Thanks Lucy A
despite my tenedency to go towards treatments with some sort of scientific background I feel pretty silly looking back at how easily I got suckered into the hype surounding the Lightning Process, but it did claim to have some effect on adrenaline release (which can sometimes be an issue in M.E./CFS-although not for everyone). I certainly wish I'd never heard of it now and could have put the money to a better use, ho hum you live and learn through your mistakes. Still, life goes on and I'm not going to give up trying to get at least 50% of my energy back, I'd be happy with that. Take care

Closed Thread