It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
(female)

BrissieBabe HB User
Unhappy Partner Needing help, advice and a shoulder to cry on

My partner of 5 years was diagnosed with CFS earlier this year but it has been building up for nearly 3 years now.

At first he was just needing to nap more, then his migraines started and one day he had a migraine so bad he couldn't open his eyes or get out of bed. We got an ambulance to come and they gave him pain killers. The next morning he awoke with no headache at all however he had lost a lot of strength and nerve feeling in his left leg. We went to the hospital emergency room and they told him he may have had a mini stroke. I thought it sounded strange as he was only 22 at the time.

For nearly 12 months he had every test under the sun done on him. Even a neurological expert looked at him and nobody can find out why he is tired, where the migraines come from and why he has the weaknesses and lack of nerve feeling in his left leg. His doctor is stumped and no drugs seem to get rid of the migraines.

I can handle the fact that he may never get a full time job and I can handle the fact that he doesn't go out as often as he used to and that we cant do as much activity outside the house as much. I am worried about what is going to happen wen we decide to start to try for children in 2 years. We both want kids but am terrified of what it is going to be like because I will have to take care of my baby and my partner at the same time.

I know I will be able to handle it but I don't want to have to. Does anyone have any remedies or advice that may help him??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread