It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
I need some opinions please! Any help is much appreciated!

So I'm really not so sure that I have this. But I get sleepy so much during the day. I can barely stay awake during these times even if I'm up and moving and have had A LOT of caffeine (like 2 bottles of mountain dew). It's exruciating to force myself to stay awake. All I can think about is lying down and sleeping. ANd I would sleep for hours. Even if I had gotten enough sleep the night before. It seems like this has been getting worse for me. It's not like I've felt this way for years straight, but it comes and goes. Yesterday I took a 3 hour nap and then slept 8 hours. Several times this week I also slept 12 hours and still could have slept more. It's a struggle.

I've read the article about it on *****, but it is kind of confusing and vague. Oh and I also have bipolar disorder and it mentioned that somewhere in there. I don't understand why. Maybe because of certain meds that can be very sedating. I don't think the ones that I'm on though are supposed to be sedating.

I've read several posts on here and people talk about testing thyroid and t4 and t3 somethings? I've had my thyroid tested and they said it was fine. I'm not sure of the test though or what type?

My mom has said to get my thyroid tested because of the tiredness a few years back. Then it seemed to go away. Now it seems to be back. And a close friend who sees how tired I am asked if I thought I had this disorder. I know that's not something to go by, but I am getting so sick of this tiredness.

I have a grandfather and a brother with type 1 diabetes. I was told I had ketones in my urine a few months ago but never got checked any further with that. So I'm also afraid that it could mean that instead.

Do I need to see a doctor? I really don't feel like finding out that another thing is wrong with me. I also feel like I should not be taking all these drugs for bipolar disorder at times. It can't be good for you. But it keeps me functioning I guess so they are needed. I don't know. Help!

Last edited by Llama; 11-04-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
(female)

door77 HB User
Re: I need some opinions please! Any help is much appreciated!

I Had This Problem When I Was In My 20's And I Just Wanted To Die. I Went To 10 Different Doctors And This Is What They Came Up With I Had A Virus In My Blood Stream. Maybe It Was Due To Allergies And The Standby It Is In Your Head And All Woman Get To Feel Like This And It Is Due To Bored With Life And All You Want To Do Is Sleep. Of Course None Of These Solved Anything And Made Matters Worse. Finally A Friend Said To Get On The Highest B Vitimins And Take Calcium Magnesium And Vit C And So I Did And I Came Out Of It Finally. I Think I Would Have Died If I Had Not Taken Vitimins. I Know I Wanted To As I Felt I Could Be Of No Use To Anyone If I Just Wanted To Sleep My Life Away. I Came Out Of It Thank Goodness And In A Year I Felt Good Again. Frankly I Think It Was Due To Diet As A Teen And Getting Pregnant And Having Two Children By Then Depleted Any Stored Vitimins And Took Everything I Had Left And Not Until I Started To Replenish It Did I Snap Out Of It. But This Is Only My Theories. And It Was Horrible Feeling So Tired All The Time. I Remember Looking Out The Window On A Beautiful Day And All I Could Do Is Lay There In My Bed Wanting To Sleep.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
(female)

Hoopa7p HB User
Re: I need some opinions please! Any help is much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama View Post
So I'm really not so sure that I have this. But I get sleepy so much during the day. I can barely stay awake during these times even if I'm up and moving and have had A LOT of caffeine (like 2 bottles of mountain dew). It's exruciating to force myself to stay awake. All I can think about is lying down and sleeping. ANd I would sleep for hours. Even if I had gotten enough sleep the night before. It seems like this has been getting worse for me. It's not like I've felt this way for years straight, but it comes and goes. Yesterday I took a 3 hour nap and then slept 8 hours. Several times this week I also slept 12 hours and still could have slept more. It's a struggle.

I've read the article about it on *****, but it is kind of confusing and vague. Oh and I also have bipolar disorder and it mentioned that somewhere in there. I don't understand why. Maybe because of certain meds that can be very sedating. I don't think the ones that I'm on though are supposed to be sedating.

I've read several posts on here and people talk about testing thyroid and t4 and t3 somethings? I've had my thyroid tested and they said it was fine. I'm not sure of the test though or what type?

My mom has said to get my thyroid tested because of the tiredness a few years back. Then it seemed to go away. Now it seems to be back. And a close friend who sees how tired I am asked if I thought I had this disorder. I know that's not something to go by, but I am getting so sick of this tiredness.

I have a grandfather and a brother with type 1 diabetes. I was told I had ketones in my urine a few months ago but never got checked any further with that. So I'm also afraid that it could mean that instead.

Do I need to see a doctor? I really don't feel like finding out that another thing is wrong with me. I also feel like I should not be taking all these drugs for bipolar disorder at times. It can't be good for you. But it keeps me functioning I guess so they are needed. I don't know. Help!

The best thing to do is to go to a doctor and get your blood tested. Ask the doctor to test your thyroid along with your T3 and T4 levels. These will not only tell if your thyroid is functioning properly but also the glands that support the thyroid function. Also, ask the doctor to test you for Epstein Barr antibodies. Then find out about your kidney tests. What exactly are Ketones and how could they effect your body and its ability to function?

Closed Thread