It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 10:41 PM   #1
(male)

Oliver25 HB User
Neutropenia and CFS

Hi all!

Ever since my disease started (in 2000!), I had a mild form of neutropenia. Usually neutrophils should make up for 70%-50% of the white blood cells, but mine are steadily in the 40%-50% range.
I managed to recover three older test results from before the year 2000. All of which show normal values, very close to 60%.
Now there is even one exception to that rule. After a severe flu in 2004, I temperarily recovered from CFS. All symptoms had gone for about a single week. Even the blood test taken then showed normal values (57%)!

Neutropenia can basically have two causes:
-Damaged bone marrow
-or active infections, especially viral infections

Having said this, you will understand that I see this symptom as the key to diagnosis and treatment of my disease. So are there others who have such a neutropenia going along with their disease? Have you too seen your symptoms improving after flu (not flu like) infections?

Old 12-08-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
(female)

kittycat2706 HB User
Re: Neutropenia and CFS

Hi,

I have had Neutropenia for 3 or 4 years now. They dont know the cause of it. I have been to 2 Haematologists and had every test you can think of. My levels were normal before this started. I was very alarmed at first. They said it could be a result of a certain virus I had in my system, maybe the neutrophils are sticking to sides of the blood vessels, maybe just the body getting older. They said sometimes it just happens. I have tried to think of everything. I started taking herbal supplements from a Naturopath for Immune System. My last blood test came back "normal" after 3-4 years of my Neutrophils dropping as low as 0.9. But I have my next blood test due this week so we will see if my neutrophils are still high or if they have dropped down again.

The thought of CFS has crossed my mind. Does a blood test reveal if you have this?

Good luck with your Neutrophils, hope they go higher.

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread