It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
(female)

Stacey79 HB User
Dizziness & chronic fatigue

I was wondering if many people who have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue also experience regular dizziness & what type of dizziness (ie a spinning/moving sensation, or a spaced out sensation).

After I got sick with the virus that caused this, I started experiencing this 'new' type of dizziness - I feel cloudy headed and spaced out & my eyes feel like they are 'moving.' It's hard to describe, but it is really exhausting & passes after having a rest/sleep.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:51 AM   #2
(female)

mrspeanut72 HB User
Re: Dizziness & chronic fatigue

hello i get dizzy and very sick to my stomach. like if i had eaten alot of candy and then went out to the yard and started spinning around. remember when you were a kid the feeling after you stopped spinning? and i also feel so much better when i lay down. but the longer the dizziness goes on i get red neck and faced (hot to the touch) vision gets blurry and it starts to affect my speech

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
(female)

Rachel13 HB User

Hi, yeh I hav had this experience. Also, eyes not quite focusing correctly. It passes like you said. It feels kinda disorientated. Hard to explain. Like I'm not quite there. Could be related to anxiety which is a part of CFS but hard to say.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User

Yes, I am dizzy most of the time. I hate it, in fact, i am dizzy right now.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User

hummmmmmmmmmm maybe you have a bit of vertigo?

Old 02-06-2008, 06:37 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

tiredpoet HB User

I get a weird dizziness when I'm sitting down that I describe as like an elevator dropping. My doctors have never really commented on it though, so I don't know what it is. Occassionally when I stand up I get dizzy too, which I attribute to several different factors depending on the day, and sometimes I get a spinning type of dizzy but it only lasts for a second. It almost feels like low blood sugar.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredpoet View Post
I get a weird dizziness when I'm sitting down that I describe as like an elevator dropping. My doctors have never really commented on it though, so I don't know what it is. Occassionally when I stand up I get dizzy too, which I attribute to several different factors depending on the day, and sometimes I get a spinning type of dizzy but it only lasts for a second. It almost feels like low blood sugar.
I sounds to that there is something going on in you ears. I had vertigo about 4 years ago and it lasted for months, it was awful. It would come and go, I could never trust myself because i was pretty off balance and dizzy and didn't know when or where it would strike. Or maybe fluid in your ears. Have you had a cold lately? I used Gravol for dizzyness and it slowed things down somewhat. I would try a gravol and if that doesn't help, go see your Dr- I was put on an antinausient called serc. Also I still get hit in the left ear once in a while and still have dizziness along with it. My french bulldog just got over a terrible case of vertigo, he couldn't even stand up and his eyes were going back and forth so fast, he was so scared, took over 2 weeks for him to get over it with antibiotics. He's ok now.

Last edited by ebrena; 02-06-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: added more info

Old 02-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
(female)

Stacey79 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredpoet View Post
I get that feeling of an elevator dropping too! It's probably part of the condition Mal de Debarquement Syndrome (Disembarkment Syndrome). I feel like I'm being 'sucked' into the ground sometimes. I went to the doctor about it a few years go & had a head CT and also went to an ENT, but he had no idea what it was. Well, turns out that Disembarkement Syndrome is not very well known, but this sensation can be part of this syndrome.

The spinning is probably vertigo & to do with the area in the ears which control balance. I also get that sometimes.

But it's this other weird dizziness that has me stumped - sort of like a spacey, eyes feel weird type thing that passes with rest.

Closed Thread