It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

2shihtzus HB User
Alcohol intolerance?

Anyone out there find that when you drink alcohol your glands swell up??

Im supposed to see an ID doc on Wednesday. My EBV ab levels are really high, and I also have high CMV ab levels. I had mono when I was in my early 20's.

Ive never felt so sick in my life as I do now. I cant believe how tired I am.

My neck is also really sore and stiff.

Anyone else share those symptoms?

Old 12-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
(female)

kgirl04 HB User
Re: Alcohol intolerance?

sounds to me like you have Epstein-Barre. I have it. I cannot tolerate alcholol at all. Besides the fact that I can't drink with the meds I take, on the few occasions in the past I had tried to drink, I could only have 1 drink. Then it was time foe bed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

tiredpoet HB User

I'm diagnosed with chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. When I drink alcohol I get sick; this has been happening for a few years, since I started having symptoms. The alcohol sits in my stomach and feels like it's not being digested. In fact, I get a full feeling as though my stomach is expanding or like I seriously overate, even if I have not eaten. My glands do swell slightly also, and sometimes I feel like I have a fever even if I don't. I don't get "drunk" or tipsy at all, just very uncomfortable and sick, and the last time I tried to drink a glass of wine I ended up vomitting it back up, so it never even got into my system. It's like my body cannot digest it anymore. Needless to say I do not drink at all. No doctor has ever commented on this being a symptom of anything, but I've read that a lot of people with cfs and fibro experience this.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
(female)

Hoopa7p HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shihtzus View Post
Anyone out there find that when you drink alcohol your glands swell up??

Im supposed to see an ID doc on Wednesday. My EBV ab levels are really high, and I also have high CMV ab levels. I had mono when I was in my early 20's.

Ive never felt so sick in my life as I do now. I cant believe how tired I am.

My neck is also really sore and stiff.

Anyone else share those symptoms?
I have Epstein Barr antibodies in my blood. The one thing the doctor told me is that if you have had any allergies, the antibodies will make you a lot more sensitive to things that you have any allergies to and can provoke previously unknown allergies to appear. I have suffered from hives for many months now which didn't start to decrease until recently. I have had to do a number of changes in my eating habits and cleaning habits (no more tomatos or tomato sauce and have changed my laundry detergent). These are allergies that I never thought that I had but the changes have helped to decrease the symptoms I am getting from the EBV.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

Alcohol intolerance/exaggerated hangovers is one of the symptoms of Lyme Disease.

I'm currently waiting for my Lyme and co-infection results to come back, but I certainly identify with the problems with alcohol. It doesn't seem to matter what I drink or how much (and I don't drink very often anyway). No matter what, I get drunk extremely quickly (like on 1/2 a drink) and end up feeling like crud for the next 3 days.

I've also been dx'd with CFS but I don't really buy into it, only because it was a clinical dx, not one based on testing.

Closed Thread