It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

Tracy817 HB User
Mono help

I was diagnosed with acute mono over the Christmas Holidays. I had fever, swollen glands in throat, severe sore throat and just felt horrible. Well I finally got over the bad part after about 12 days and now I can't get out of bed. Everytime I try to get up, I feel faint, and nauseated and have horrible shortness of breath and it feels as if my muscles are all weak! Please if anyone has had this after mono please let me know. Thanks.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
(female)

Stacey79 HB User
Re: Mono help

I had a virus which caused similar symptoms, but never got a blood test during the acute phase, so not sure if it's what I had (mono/glandular fever). But I had a blood test a few months later which showed I had had it sometime in the past.

My symptoms were extreme weakness and dizziness, headache, swollen throat, nasal congestion, dry cough - pretty much, I couldn't do anything. I also had low blood pressure, so felt lightheaded when standing up - or even talking! I was very short of breath - even coughing, sneezing or laughing made me short of breath.

It took me a few weeks, but it eventually passed. My doctor wouldn't even give me time off work, so I had to work while I was sick & it just dragged things out. So just keep resting. Just try not to get up suddenly - sit up for a couple of minutes before standing up. If you don't normally have high blood pressure - try increasing your salt intake, and also maybe try some liquorice supplements, as this increases blood pressure and can also help with energy. Good luck - I hope you feel better soon. I know how you feel!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread