It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
Chronic Fatigue

A Friend was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue after being gravely ill with Hepatitis B.The Doctor started her on 25 MG's Elavil BID (twice per Day),but she felt paralyzed.He recently prescribed Cymbalta,however it makes her see double,she becomes lightheaded and dizzy.What are other treatment options for CF?I've noticed it is much worse when she is under Stress,gets tense or feels bad.At times she can't lift her Arms to wash her Hair.

Thank you

Last edited by Lotus_Blossom; 01-16-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2008, 02:07 AM   #2
(male)

Saverain HB User
Re: Chronic Fatigue

I'm sorry about your friend. I really don't know much about the condition but all I can suggest is that she eats some protein every couple of hours. That might help keep her energy a little more stable, sorry I couldn't help some more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2008, 06:32 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Thank you.She can't eat a lot of Protein because she has some sort of Kidney problem too.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
(female)

lovepie23 HB User

Tell her to get the book From Fatigued to Fantastic by Dr. Teitelbaum. I heard about it on the Dr. Oz radio program. Oz's wife had fibromyalgia and it worked for her. I have Chronic fatigue and have been taking ribose for only 1 week and feel great. It took me 7-8 years to figure this out.
Good luck!!

Old 01-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Lovepie,
Thanks..my Friend has many problems other than CFS,so it may be difficult for her to find something that works..will pass on the Book..what is Ribose?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #6
(female)

tate11 HB User

I understand what you are going through. My husband is now going on 8 years of dealing with fatigue, and NOTHING has worked for him as of yet. Do not give up as I believe that there IS something out there that will help you!

Lovepie,

Can you please help me out? My husband is 37 and has suffered from fatigue for 7 years, after multiple surgeries in his throat, tons of tests, and a numerous amounts of different medications, nothing has worked. Can you tell me more about the Ribose, such as where I can get it and how many mg. per day he should take? I really want him to try it. It sounds like it made a world of difference for you. Please let me know. Thank you.

Closed Thread