It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
(male)

troyc254 HB User
Cfs?

I'm not sure what is going on. I have had anxiety attacks for 15 years. I know ALL of the symptoms of stress/anxiety attacks.
I went to the ER room with an "attack" of some sort, last month.

They done blood tests, liver function tests, chest x-ray, abdomen x-rays, EKG, and found nothing wrong. The doctor called it stress, and sent me home.

I am so tired, my voice is so tired it strains my throat to talk. Kind of like my throat is fatigued. I'm almost too tired to talk. It wears me out to talk too much. I also feel hoarse alot.

My lower back suddenly began hurting, if I'm not leaning back on something.
There is also a pressure on my chest at times, like a 2-ton weight.
I am so exhausted all the time for a month now. I can barely walk across the room. I feel so tired. When I lay down, I usually go right to sleep, like within 5 minutes of laying down, this is not normal for me. I used to lay in bed and watch movies, and not pass out.

I feel just like I have the flu. I am aching all over, my joints ache, and I am chilled, very cold!
My temp. is running 97.7 and below. When I first wake up it is around 95.5.

The most bothersome symptom, is this "prickly" feeling I am having all over my body! Especially under my clothes. If I take my shirt off, it relieves it somewhat.
I sometimes feel like I am sunburned as well. But when I look in the mirror, my skin looks perfectly normal.
I also have sharp pains shoot through my abdomen occasionally.

I am so scared. The doctor says stress, but I have had SEVERE stress/anxiety for so long, I know how that feels.. this is not it. All these NEW symptoms, hit me out of the blue one day, and have been with me since, for a month.
Does this sound like CFS? I was told by my Aunt that it could be.

I had just had a difficult tooth extraction, 2 weeks prior to the onset of these symptoms. I had "flu-like symptoms" for 2 days after my extraction, they subsided at that point. Then a week later, all of this hit me, the "flu-like" feeling returned, and won't go away!!

thanks for any replies, as I feel like I am crazy, because the doctor said nothing is wrong...and I know I feel different, and there IS something wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
(male)

subbster HB User
Re: Cfs?

Troy, I really can't help with diagnosing. CFS? Fibromalgia? A strain of flu? Something like glandular fever? A combination? No idea. But it sounds like you need more than a forum and you need RL help, forums can be useful but they cannot in any way replace proper medical treatment.

Your doctor is not responding well to you, it certainly sounds like you have cause for some investigation and thought to be put into solving the mystery. Ask around about a better doctor and go and see them ASAP. Type up a concise, orderly list of your symptoms together and print it in a clear fashion and give it to the doctor. That way if you don't have the energy to "present well" (as I doubt you currently do, possibly encouraging an easy diagnosis of "stress") you have something else to fall back on: go through the list with them.

Really, this is the sort of thing I think you need to be doing as a positive next step. See another doctor if the second doesn't take you seriously. Good luck and I hope you find relief.

Closed Thread