It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

seta37 HB User
random fatigue

This may or may not be a problem, so here goes...
Sometimes I randomly get really tired, for no real reason, except:

I noticed that it generally happens if I haven't been very active
OR
If I have refined sugar, like in a coke.

So, at first I thought that it might be something like diabetes, but I am young, and only 5-10 lbs overweight (the doctor says that it's very well within healthy limits.
I mean, I run about 2 to 3 miles (6 to 10 minute/mile pace) at LEAST 2 to 3 times a week, sometimes more.
I'm not in bad shape, obviously.

So then I thought that it MIGHT be a healthy reaction to the idle sugar, maybe my body is releasing insulin to help deal with the unburned energy.
The classic "sugar crash"
I had one today, and I was about to fall asleep at 3pm at work.
Once I got home I went for a run and it mostly went away.
I maintained my 6 minute pace for a good 2 and half miles, so I know that I'm not dying.
It was a weird tired, I didn't feel mentally or physically exhausted. I could still think clearly, but my eyes just wanted to close, like the end of a hard day, when you could keep going for a few hours if you wanted to, but your brain is also just ready to turn off if you let it.

Another possibility is lack of high calorie foods.
My ex-supervisor used to run 15 miles every day after school, and he told me that every night he ate a ridiculous amount of food, all fatty and meaty and high calorie.
I tested that one day when I had run the previous 4 in a row and I was almost always tired.
I went to bojangles and had 3 fried chicken thighs and large of their thick cut fries.
The next day I felt ALIVE, so I figured that maybe I am just depriving my body of the starches and fats that it needs.
I generally stick to lean foods and keep carbs low.
Some days I just dont eat enough altogether
That's PROBABLY it right there, but sometimes it's really hard to eat right, ya know?

The last possibility is maybe a sleep disorder.
I used to be so ADHD that my mind would keep me awake until 1 or 2am every night, and I had to get up at 6:15 for school.
Well, I figured out some techniques that I have perfected over the years to effectively turn my brain OFF on command.
Well, recently I guess I mastered the technique because I turned my brain all the way off and stopped dreaming outright.
I fixed that by changing the way that I focused, and now I can dream all night long, and usually feel really rested.

It's probably my diet, but somehow I dont think that it could account for my fatigue, but maybe I'm undervaluing a proper diet.

As an aside, if anyone wants to know more about those sleep techniques I talked about, just let me know, I know firsthand that good sleep is the #1 key to sanity...

~D

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

seta37 HB User
Re: random fatigue

15 views and no responses?
Come on people!
Someone must have some input!

Closed Thread