It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

kristyme HB User
Iam a mess please help

Hi, what are the signs of chronic fatique? Can any tests confirm if you have it? My life is going down the drain. My boyfriend doesn't understand how i feel every day. He thinks it is in my head. I started having episodes of afib five years ago. I take a heart pill daily for that. The only good thing is i have not been admitted to the hospital for close to two years. Around the same time five years ago my neck hurt very badly, my shoulder feels crimped up, and makes my arm feel numb and heavy, my fingers tingle as well. That would come and go a few times a month. I started therapy for my arm six months ago. my theripist thinks it is a syndrome called thoratic outlet. I have gone from bad to worse. Every day i go to bed with a headache, just to wake up with it. I also feel sick to my stomach, my body sometimes is so weak, i have no energy to stand up. My doctor has tested me for hiv, lyme diesease and numorous other things that would make me feel so bad. I can barely make it through five hours of work a day. I dont know what to do. I have no energy for my kids. Please help. Thanks for listening.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
(male)

SDSwithCFS HB User
Thumbs up Re: Iam a mess please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyme View Post
Hi, what are the signs of chronic fatique? Can any tests confirm if you have it? My life is going down the drain. My boyfriend doesn't understand how i feel every day. He thinks it is in my head. I started having episodes of afib five years ago. I take a heart pill daily for that. The only good thing is i have not been admitted to the hospital for close to two years. Around the same time five years ago my neck hurt very badly, my shoulder feels crimped up, and makes my arm feel numb and heavy, my fingers tingle as well. That would come and go a few times a month. I started therapy for my arm six months ago. my theripist thinks it is a syndrome called thoratic outlet. I have gone from bad to worse. Every day i go to bed with a headache, just to wake up with it. I also feel sick to my stomach, my body sometimes is so weak, i have no energy to stand up. My doctor has tested me for hiv, lyme diesease and numorous other things that would make me feel so bad. I can barely make it through five hours of work a day. I dont know what to do. I have no energy for my kids. Please help. Thanks for listening.
You must take one day at a time and I know its not in your head my mom went throught this same thing and I'm going throught similar things not quite as bad as you or my mom's but I understand I use to think it was in my moms head she was on so many prescription drugs and she was depressed from a bad marriage and family passing away so I couldn't tell what was really wrong with her she said she had fibro and now I understand better because I'm suffering from chronic fatigue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
(female)

Hoopa7p HB User
Re: Iam a mess please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyme View Post

Ask your doctor to do a Monospot test. That is a blood test that tests for the Epstein Barr Virus. Epstein Barr Syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome seem to be interrelated. Also it would be a good idea to have a complete blood workup on your thyroid.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
(female)

lovepie23 HB User
Smile Re: Iam a mess please help

Get the book From Fatigued to Fantastic by Dr. Teitelbaum. I heard about it on the Dr. Oz radio program. Oz's wife had fibromyalgia and it worked for her. I have Chronic fatigue and have been taking ribose for only 1 week and feel great. It took me 7-8 years to figure this out.
Good luck!!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
(female)

PinkFloyd1 HB User

LovePie, thank you for that advice! I am going to check on it right away. Can you please tell me what form of Ribose you take, how much and how often? Also, where do you get it and exactly how has it helped you? Thank you! This has given me some much needed hope!

Old 02-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
(male)

liverock HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd1 View Post
LovePie, thank you for that advice! I am going to check on it right away. Can you please tell me what form of Ribose you take, how much and how often? Also, where do you get it and exactly how has it helped you? Thank you! This has given me some much needed hope!
Pink Floyd,
You can get RIBOSE POWDER(capsules are not high enough dosage) on ebay, and you would be better getting a 500 gram carton to give it a fair trial,which would cost about $25.

I found it best to start off on a high dosage, 3 TEASPOONSFUL(15grms) per day, in 3-1 teaspoon divided doses throughout the day. If that increases your energy enough then you can gradually reduce to a lower dosage to find the optimum dosage for you that gives you the best energy level. It can sometimes take a few weeks to be fully effective. Our bodies normally produce ribose which turns into ATP which is the 'gas'that powers our cells and gives us energy. Chronic fatigue depletes our ribose levels.

I also find that taking the following supplements daily have helped me:
1,000mg of Acetyl-L-Carnitine,
500mg of magnesium citrate
400mg COQ10

You can get these at most Health Food Shops.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by liverock; 02-15-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Closed Thread