It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User
How do my symotoms compare to yours??

I have been diagnose with chronic fatigue and chronic Epstien Barr Virus.
I feel so alone in this and I want to know if anyone else experiences these symptoms. Aside from the usual sleepiness constantly, I also have heavy feeling arms and legs, somewhat stiff joints and muscles, dizziness most of the time, eye twitches, and night sweats. Anyone else experience any of these odd symptoms. I guess I'm mostly worried about the dizziness and the heavy arms and legs. Anyone???

Carisa

Also, my EBV numbers are sky high, my doctors don't have an explanation for it, they just say they have never seen numbers so high. Anyone else have this problem? Here are my numbers:

early antigen, IgG-139
Ab VCA IgG-3,346
Nuclear Antigen Ab IgG-1,138

Last edited by carisa; 02-01-2008 at 03:01 PM.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
(female)

Hoopa7p HB User
Re: How do my symotoms compare to yours??

Quote:
Originally Posted by carisa View Post
I have been diagnose with chronic fatigue and chronic Epstien Barr Virus.
I feel so alone in this and I want to know if anyone else experiences these symptoms. Aside from the usual sleepiness constantly, I also have heavy feeling arms and legs, somewhat stiff joints and muscles, dizziness most of the time, eye twitches, and night sweats. Anyone else experience any of these odd symptoms. I guess I'm mostly worried about the dizziness and the heavy arms and legs. Anyone???

Carisa

Also, my EBV numbers are sky high, my doctors don't have an explanation for it, they just say they have never seen numbers so high. Anyone else have this problem? Here are my numbers:

early antigen, IgG-139
Ab VCA IgG-3,346
Nuclear Antigen Ab IgG-1,138

I have the constant sleepiness and heaviness in the legs and arms--especially in the morning. I wouldn't exactly say that I have twitches but on some very rare occasions (tonight being one of them) I have experienced something similar to Restless Leg Syndrome when I am sitting in a recliner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

tiredpoet HB User

You sound very, very similar to me. The heaviness and muscle weakness are the worst! I also have fibromyalgia, have you looked into this? A lot of times people are diagnosed with both cfs and fibro.
I've just been reading about the combo of malic acid and magnesium for cfs. It is supposed to be good for muscles.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:02 AM   #4
(female)

kgirl04 HB User

I have the EXACT same symptoms, as a matter of fact, I was seeing a rheumatologist who was treating me for Fibro, but I started having all these other symptoms, so I went to a neurologist, and lo and behold, he KNEW how to test for EBV(I have had it before, so I always test postitive) I also was being treated for RLS, but turns out it wasn't RLS, we still don't know what exactly it is, but it is not RLS, but my left knee, just drives me completely crazy after sitting for a while, it mimics RLS, but because it is only in my knee, and not anywhere else on my leg, it is not that...morning is the worst for the pain, I also get stinging and burning sensations in my fingers, hands, feet. It's enough to drive a person nuts

Old 02-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User

Thanks guys for responding. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy! I look healthy so people don't quite understand what I'm going through or how I'm feeling. The heaviness in the arms and legs has eased up a bit and so has the dizziness. I'm sick and tired of my EBV reinactivating, it's a little dissappointing, well, more than a little. I just want to feel good again. I do have an appointment in about a month with a nuerologist, and I saw a rheumatologist a couple of weeks ago, she was mainly looking for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Should I go back? Or do you think that would be a waste of time?

Carisa

Closed Thread