It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

PinkFloyd1 HB User
Adderall????

Anyone here taking Adderall to stay awake? If so what dose and how often? I am only able to take it a couple times a week and am still experimenting because my body develops a quick tolerance to it. Very frustrating! It is the only thing I have found so far to help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2008, 06:57 AM   #2
(female)

kgirl04 HB User
Re: Adderall????

Hi, I am taking 3 10mg of Adderall daily for fatigue. Sometimes I take 4, although my doc doesn't know that. It's just that some days it just doesn't feel like it is working. Some days, I feel like I could take 10 pills, and nothing would take the fatigue away. I guess those are my "bad" days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
(female)

PinkFloyd1 HB User

I just took two 10's. My doc just changed my prescription to two tens up to three times a day. However, I am not supposed to take it everyday because of my tolerance level. That is why I was curious if anyone was able to successfully take it everyday.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #4
(male)

jay12283 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Adderall????

I take 40mgs per day. I had the same problem with it not feeling like it was working. But that was because I would take it whenever I woke up. It's best taken at the same time per day, to have a good effect. Just found this out a few weeks ago. But 40mgs per day, and at the same time everyday. I take mine at 8am everyday. And I wake up at about 10am energized and ready to start the day. Along with that I take a couple Super B Complex vitamins too in the morning for an added boost. Hope this helps..

Old 02-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
(female)

PinkFloyd1 HB User

Thank you! I try to do the same as I take it Sat- Mon. Do you take it everyday? My body gets too used to it too fast in my opinion!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:29 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

tiredpoet HB User

I take 45mg daily. I heard that magnesium helps prevent tolerance, and it seems to be helping. (althought the adderall really only helps my brain fog. It doesn't help much in the way of energy for me).

Last edited by tiredpoet; 02-14-2008 at 07:30 AM.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #7
(male)

jay12283 HB User

You're welcome. Yes I do take it everyday. And I used to take the XR, and was switched to the regular Adderall. And for a little while it felt as though it wasn't working. But then I started to take it like I take it now, at 8am every day. And since then each day is just as effective as the next. It could be a mental thing too. But give it a shot and hopefully it would make a difference. It may also depend on how much mgs you take...

Old 02-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
(female)

shelovescliche HB User

I started out on Ritalin a year and a half ago, but it only lasted three hours at a time and always sent me crashing in the middle of the day. I switched to Concerta, which is a time-released drug of the same kind (there is a time-released Adderall, too, but I think it's stronger), and didn't have any problems with crashing with it. It lasts about seven hours, and since it's not quite as strong as Adderall (though I was on the lowest dose) it doesn't cause you to "come down" as quickly.

I had to stop it because I was having headaches (though I was having full-on migraines from the ritalin), which isn't a normal reaction, but I've had trouble with migraines so I guess it just aggravated them. It did really help, though.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #9
(female)

nicobot10 HB User

I tried taking Adderall for my CFS, but all it did was make me feel coked out. I would talk compulsively and grind my teeth and lose my appetite. Provigil helps with wakefulness, concentration, memory retention, and elevates mood. I didn't know that Adderall was meth-based. That probably explains the body's ability to build tolerance quickly. I had a friend who took it regularly for a while but then it became an addiction. Just make sure you are not indulging your urges.

Closed Thread