It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Could this be cfs?

For a couple yrs now ive been dealing with some health problems.I have gerd and ibs.Ive noticed as time goes on ,im not sleeping well at night.Ive been having alot of aches and pains in my body.It seems like no matter how much sleep i get im still tired.If i go to bed like at 1am i will get up the next day,maybe around 3pm.Even then i can barely drag myself out of bed.In the past i was having a problem with my potassium and iron levels.The doctor never told me what couldve have been causing this problem.Ive have had anxiety problems in the past,but they seem to have abated.Im 51 i used to go to the gym,lift weights.Now i can barely walk on the treadmill for 1/2 hr.It hard to explain,it just this bone weariness i feel.Like im being drained.Doesnt help matters that i have a very active 9 yr boy.Are there any tests they can do to determine cfs?Also i forgot to mention i have asymptomatic herpes,and have routinely tested ANA positive on blood tests.Thanks for any help.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Re: Could this be cfs?

16 views and nobodys got any ideas or opinions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
(female)

PinkFloyd1 HB User

I can lend you my sympathies and support but my story is a little different. I have been told I have CFS, but also 3 sleep disorders. Main one being Idiopathic Hypersomnia. I can't seem to find anyone else who shares this so I understand your frustration! The only things I can suggest through my own experience is I had a sleep study done. Not one for Apnea but for how much and what quality of sleep I was getting. That entails staying over night then taking 5 naps the next day. You are not supposed to sleep in between your naps and I was falling asleep anyway! My Neurologist has had me try Cymbalta for my achiness. I found it did nothing for me but I had really bad with drawls coming off of it so be careful! There is also Lyrica which can cause initial drowsiness but I know someone who takes it and finds it really helps for her achiness. See, I would rather be achy and awake then not achy and sleepy. The problem is so many of these symptoms are shared between disorders and diseases that I don't think the doctors know as much as they would like to think. I also have hypothyroidism and all my symptoms point to that yet all my thyroid levels are supposedly right on with the meds I take for that. Take the sleep study, and talk to your doctor about the two meds I suggested. I don't have kids but I can imagine how much more difficult that must be on you! My husband has a sister the is 10 and I have a very hard time being around her when I am having one of my spells. I posted Adderrall so you can read that. That is my saving grace 3 times a week. Take care!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
(female)

PinkFloyd1 HB User

P.S. I know what you mean about the gym too! My Neurologist said to keep pushing myself to go. I barely make it thru and when I am done, I go straight to the car to sleep until my husband is done with his work out. It doesn't help that I have never liked exercising anyway!

Old 02-11-2008, 01:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User

Thanks so much for replying to my post. pinkfloyd.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
(female)

PinkFloyd1 HB User

Sure, I hope you got something out of it. LovePie has me curious about a supplement called Ribose that I am currently checking into. Maybe you can check that out too.

Closed Thread