It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
(male)

clyde77 HB User
Advice For Fatigue, Not Sure What Else To Do, Other Than Just Ignore It

Oh man, here goes. I am always tired. I get enough sleep, eat well, exercise when I have the energy, don't use any drugs. I am not overweight, in fact I look quite normal. I can honestly say there is nothing I am holding back, I am just chronically tired. Suprisingly enough I am not depressed, although I had been. I was upset because I was not getting to do the things I like because I am so tired and sleepy all the time. I saw a counselor, and take 10mg Lexapro, that actually helped quite a bit. I have been with this kind of fatigue for 10 years. I graduated from college, have a good job. Most people that know me probably wouldn't guess because I don't talk about it and I just do the best I can. My father is kind of the same way, I really don't talk to him much and he doesn't really think anything about it, except he knows that he is tired a lot. I have had all kinds of blood tests, and they show that I might live forever, haha........Isn't that great. I joke a lot, that is how I deal with it. So, I think I have had an EBV test, but I am not sure. My vit. D level was a little low in the winter, so I supplement with vit. D3. I don't know what else to do, except maybe get a sleep study and go see a doc that specializes in fatigue or sleep disorders. Maybe I have some kind of sleep disorder, I don't think so. If anybody has any advice, that they think might help, that would be great, I mean it. Have a good day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
(female)

13Flamingo HB User
Re: Advice For Fatigue, Not Sure What Else To Do, Other Than Just Ignore It

Hello, Clyde --
I too have some sort of sleep disorder that is driving me nuts. Have had it seriously for about a year. I usually only sleep two to four hours a night, and need to take a nap in the afternoon. If I don't set an alarm in the afternoon, I can sleep for four hours, and within another four hours, I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. I play lots of tennis and golf, bike, swim, work out, but still no relief.

I have hypothyroidism, but take meds, and the levels seem ok. My self-diagnosis tells me either chronic fatigue or narcolepsy. Two docs so far have only prescribed powerful sleeping pills which work most of the time, but if I don't get a full eight hours, I am hard pressed to function the next day. I don't want to rely on them the rest of my life!

Am finally going to a sleep clinic this week and hope to get some answers and viable solution. Maybe that's the path you should take, as well.

Good luck!

...Flamingo

Closed Thread